By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

Ka-pi96 said:

Hmm, I've never considered the French to be latin myself. Just thought of them as French

Most western languages have Latin origins.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

Appreciate the thread title shout out

Not a league match mid week, Champions league saw underdogs Montreal takes first leg 2-0 and Herediano take their first leg 3-0. Second legs will be very exciting.

Would be absolutely ecstatic if FIFA could be sued over this, as the bids were for a Summer WC.

Ka-pi96 said:

Who would sue them though?

TV companies who bid for rights, mainly in America? Now the WC will be up against the NFL, which means the WC will be down in viewership massively which in turn means that the TV company (FOX?) will essentially be wasting money.

Football feds that bid on the Summer 2022 WC?

Clubs and Leagues that this will harm?

Guinea who will very likely have to move the African Cup of Nations 2023?

The english might want to introduce a winterbreak.. >_>

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
2022 World Cup confirmed to be taking place in November/December. The final will be the 18th December.
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9766751/world-cup-2022-final-to-be-played-on-december-18

That sucks.. When the dutch  play i go out for a drink..  when we win i get drunk as hell  but now  i'll probably freeze to death when i pass out on the street

Ka-pi96 said:
NiKKoM said:
The english might want to introduce a winterbreak.. >_>

No way! We gotta have our boxing day football!

But it can be after that till the second week of january.. 

Ka-pi96 said:
2022 World Cup confirmed to be taking place in November/December. The final will be the 18th December.
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9766751/world-cup-2022-final-to-be-played-on-december-18

I thought this had been confirmed already?  In any event 2022 is going to be...an interesting World Cup.

Carl2291 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Who would sue them though?

TV companies who bid for rights, mainly in America? Now the WC will be up against the NFL, which means the WC will be down in viewership massively which in turn means that the TV company (FOX?) will essentially be wasting money.

There have been rumors that FIFA worked with FOX (who own the English Speaking US television rights for 2018 and 2022) to get 2026 as well to smooth over their frustration over 2022 being in a less ideal time slot for the network.  Makes you wonder how much money FIFA will lose in order for Qatar to host and have demands appeased?

In Europa League news Everton lost out to Dynamo Kiev 5-2 in the second leg and on aggregate 6-4.

Not a good year for English sides.