By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

Wyrdness said:

CR's own fault, the defender put his arms around the striker and the latter went down making sure the ref was looking, it's reasonable to give the penalty even if he didn't go down imo.

Just seen it. Foul, with added theatrics from the Uruguay player.

Around the Network

For a team people are predicting will beat us Uruguay are playing some questionable football.

Wyrdness said:
For a team people are predicting will beat us Uruguay are playing some questionable football.

Looks to me like a team who doesnt quite know what to do.

Man, the penalties in this WC are so cheap that it's disturbing. A goal in a WC game is huge. When teams start winning based on penalties, it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Aside from the stupid penalty Costa Rica has been playing well (surprised by that actually). Also why the fuck didn't we get a penalty when Ruiz was grabbed....this is the reason I don't watch much futbol...imbalance as fucking hell, use god damn cameras like every other fucking sport....FIFA is so fucking corrupt

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network
Pristine20 said:
Man, the penalties in this WC are so cheap that it's disturbing. A goal in a WC game is huge. When teams start winning based on penalties, it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

That penalty was deserved though. The Costa Rica defender was literally hugging him to the floor.

boring game :/
Uruguay really underperforming.

Carl2291 said:
Pristine20 said:

That penalty was deserved though. The Costa Rica defender was literally hugging him to the floor.

Yeah the Uruguayan player played it up but the foul was definitely there. Just making sure it was awarded to him. 

ITV saying that Welbeck starts and Sterling replaces Lallana.

If Welbeck fucks up and does nothing Im gonna be so angry.

Starting to feel that Italy and England will top the group. Uruguay have been underwhelming.