By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

There should be a salary cap in Bundesliga or Europe in this matter.
Too many players are sacked from small/medium clubs and in the end the competitiveness is little or nil.

Around the Network

My guess for where Reus is going is Bayern Munich by the way. They seem to be buying all of Dortmunds stars.

You guys think Di Maria is going to United?

It seems that he really is leaving Madrid.

Ka-pi96 said:
Talal said:
My guess for where Reus is going is Bayern Munich by the way. They seem to be buying all of Dortmunds stars.

Yep it certainly seems likely. It's not just Dortmund either, that is how Bayern do things, just buy all the best players from any German teams that can actually compete with them until it's just them dominating again. Sad really   I know the same thing happens with big clubs in other countries, but at least there are a few of them doing it so there are still more than 1 team competing for the title.

It's certainly good for them but not for the league. On the other hand you need much more money to buy players from other leagues. Bundesliga players are really cheap for some reason.

other topic: Müller scored.

kirby007 said:
Also known as the boringliga, in the end munchen is on top

Nope, without the shadow of a doubt BVB will win the title.

By the way -

Dutch champions from 2000 to 2014: four different teams (Ajax, PSV, AZ, Twente)

German champions from 2000 to 2014: five different teams (BVB, Bayern, Werder, VfB, VfL)

Same time frame: England: 4 different teams, Italy: 4 different teams, Spain: 4 different teams

Around the Network

Münche please 1 Goal more, i need a good Start in the Prediction-Season

Ka-pi96 said:
okr said:
kirby007 said:
Also known as the boringliga, in the end munchen is on top

Nope, without the shadow of a doubt BVB will win the title.

By the way -

Dutch champions from 2000 to 2014: four different teams (Ajax, PSV, AZ, Twente)

German champions from 2000 to 2014: five different teams (BVB, Bayern, Werder, VfB, VfL)

Same time frame: England: 4 different teams, Italy: 4 different teams, Spain: 4 different teams

Don't forget all time league championships...

Germany: 10+ = 1 (Bayern Munich) 2nd place is 15 behind
England: 10+ = 3 (Man Utd, Liverpool, Aresnal) 2nd place is 2 behind
Spain: 10+ = 3 (Real, Barcelona, Atletico) 2nd place is 10 behind
Italy: 10+ = 3 (Juventus, Milan, Inter) 2nd place is 12 behind
Netherlands: 10+ = 4 (Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord, HVV) 2nd place is 12 behind

Yes, but BVB will have 10 championships in 2 years as well, and we are talking about recent (that's why I chose 15 years) and current domination.

In that regard, another example: Holland - last 4 titles to Ajax, Germany - last 4 titles to Bayern (2) and BVB (2)

I hope Real M. sells its best player, Di Maria.

AZWification said:

Go Steaua! Go Arsenal! Go Athletic Bilbao! Gooo!

I like you.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Now that the unimportant Friday night intro game Bayern vs. VfL (2:1) is out of the way, Bundesliga can really kick-off today.

The team with the world's best defender and best midfielder joins at 18:30 CET. Their mission until next May: Breaking Pep, stealing titles.