By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

brazil ( unfortunalely) and gerany will advance

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Germany 1-2 France
Brazil 2-2 Colombia (Brazil win on penalties)
Argentina 2-1 Belgium
Holland 2-0 Costa Rica

jonop said:
Germany 1-2 France
Brazil 2-2 Colombia (Brazil win on penalties)
Argentina 2-1 Belgium
Holland 2-0 Costa Rica

Co-signed. I have no idea why everyone seems so sure that Germany will beat France. Just because it's Germany? lol

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Pristine20 said:

Co-signed. I have no idea why everyone seems so sure that Germany will beat France. Just because it's Germany? lol

Until they prove otherwise I will keep backing them to do well every WC and Euro.

lol, I know Germany has a record of making the semis but did we all forget that France won in '98 and made the finals again in 2006? I could also say that France does extremely well every other WC and this is their year again. I haven't really been impressed by Germany this year unlike last WC where they really shouldn't have lost to Spain. We shall see.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

gluwein is german?

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
brazil ( unfortunalely) and gerany will advance

I am going to be EXTREMELY shocked if Colombia doesn't win against Brazil!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

@Ka-pi96

Believe me, I know it was mostly thanks to a guy called Zinedine Zidane and he has retired.

@Rol

KK, could you translate? The rhythm thing was BS. I mentioned it as a statement to the fact that every team needs to be judged by what they put on the field every 4 years not necessarily former glory. It wasn't because that was some meaningful justification for France moving forward.

You guys may think I'm anti-Germany or something but I actually argue that they are the most successful team not Brazil but folks only count complete victories. It just seems like their bandwagon has become too big or something. I'd even favor the Dutch to win over them this WC. The game will decide tomorrow. Should be a good match.

RolStoppable said:
Pristine20 said:

@Rol

KK, could you translate? The rhythm thing was BS. I mentioned it as a statement to the fact that every team needs to be judged by what they put on the field every 4 years not necessarily former glory. It wasn't because that was some meaningful justification for France moving forward.

You guys may think I'm anti-Germany or something but I actually argue that they are the most successful team not Brazil but folks only count complete victories. It just seems like their bandwagon has become too big or something. I'd even favor the Dutch to win over them this WC. The game will decide tomorrow. Should be a good match.

We have a prediction league here (well, sort of; there aren't any real updates). So it's not that people are fans of Germany and want them to win, but rather that they are going with the safer bet.

Ah, I completely missed the context. It all makes sense now.

im gonna laugh if nikkom ends up first