By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

Samus Aran said:
Conegamer said:

Well you can't say that the US didn't show a lot of courage and character there.

Could easily have been 2-2, if not more, for the US there. But alas.

Probably the best game of the world cup, definitely the extra time. Who said it'd be boring?

Could easily have been 5-2 for Belgium lol... 

Yes, it could have been 39-16 had all the shots gone in. That would have been interesting!

But yeah, point is that there's no way Belgium should have been under so much pressure at the end.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

epic game. best so far in the world cup.

S.Peelman said:
Why do these teams not play like this during regular time :-| .

#REKT

Yay!!!

If USA is capable of playing such great offensive football, why did it play such shitty, disgusting anti-football all the time!? Seriously, you should fire Klinsmann for making you play this way and hire someone, who will let you attack.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Sucks for the U.S but this is why I always say parking the bus can never win a WC tournament. You still have to have some attack. U.S. does have attacking power but were content to keep defending till they were down 2-0. Did they think Howard would singlehandedly win the PK shootout or something?

Nice comeback at the end but by then it was already too late. Respect to the team for never giving up though, same as Algeria yesterday.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

After 30 shots on goal it could have been a lot worse.

Goalkeepers do exist and the fact that they are good does count. Howard played one of the best matches Ive ever seen a goalkeeper play, it was pretty awesome.

Scisca said:
If USA is capable of playing such great offensive football, why did it play such shitty, disgusting anti-football all the time!? Seriously, you should fire Klinsmann for making you play this way and hire someone, who will let you attack.

In case you didnt notice playing like that leaves some major openings on your defense, Lukako had infinite space whenever the ball got to him, if you go that ofensive the whole game its suicidal. When the match is at the end and you dont need ot save energy anymore and your oponent is trying to hold on to theyre victory its possible to play like that otherwise it isnt.

WOOPM WHOOP WHOOP BOTH GAMES 100% CORRECT thats a tournament first for me

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

RolStoppable said:
My total score in the prediction league is now 479. I am going to win this thing, simply because I will be the only one to keep a tally.

531 suck it

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

RolStoppable said:
kirby007 said:
RolStoppable said:
My total score in the prediction league is now 479. I am going to win this thing, simply because I will be the only one to keep a tally.

531 suck it

Right, who in their right mind is going to believe the resident drunkard?

i had a perfect score today, should say enough on how good i did

Howard has made more saves than any goalkeeper ever have made in one match since WC 1966