By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

Max King of the Wild said:
So now it's win or die? Tie goes to a shootout? I watch on Telemundo because the English broadcast is on espn

Yes.

Around the Network
So now it's win or die? Tie goes to a shootout? I watch on Telemundo because the English broadcast is on espn

Pretty much. If it's a draw after the 90 minutes, then another 30 minutes is added (split into 2 15 minute chunks), then if it's still a tie it goes to penalties. 

Whoever wins goes through to the next round; if you lose you're out the door

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Unfortunate that Ghana didn't make it, but not everyone is a winner.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
lestatdark said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
coentrao, beto , patricio, hugo almeida, postiga, andre almeida and cristiano never played 100%, and then we had that red card that realy fucked us. injuries and the red card.

today after ghana goal they didnt believe anymore, ronaldo didnt even wanted to run. Lots of misses passing the ball , they played like shit , ghana played like shit tooo, they gave those 2 goals lol.

germany totaly deserving to pass, usa will eat like 3 - 0 in the next game, they are tier 3 team.

The thing is, Ronaldo even at 50% is 10x better than any of the 5 players we have on the attacking side of our national team. 

Our reality is that we only have a world class player, two or three good players, several subpar/average players and the rest of them are just plain bad. And Bento is the most stubborn POS coach I've ever seen.

the sad part is that bento will stay 2 more years...

Trust me, i'm extremely worried with this. 

It might be just the disappointment speaking, but I have strong doubts as to whether we qualify for the next Euro or not.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

^ Bento is not that bad. We have played way better games with him in charge. Everything just went wrong.

I`m just sad for Beto. Injured and he still didn`t want to leave. Every player should have had his spirit!

Around the Network

If it's a tie after 90 minutes, there's first an additional 30 minutes (2x 15) of play. Then a penalty shootout where every team takes 5.

DélioPT said:
^ Bento is not that bad. We have played way better games with him in charge. Everything just went wrong.

I`m just sad for Beto. Injured and he still didn`t want to leave. Every player should have had his spirit!

The player's choosing for this WC was drastically bad, short-sighted and clearly catered to serve his "buddies" and the usual suspects.

Where's Antunes, one of the best portuguese left defenders of the last season?
Why put Patricio on the goal at the start when he hasn't played on his club for two months and Beto had an amazing season and ended up strong, while both Beto and Eduardo played good games in the pre-WC games?
Why the fuck did he called Andre Almeida, who's only a substitute player in the B team of Benfica?
Who in the right state of mind puts Bruno Alves in the starting lineup when he's been playing each game, since even during the qualifying stage, as shit, when you have Luis Neto who has been on an amazing form?
The fuck is Miguel Veloso doing on the national team? 

These are some of the most blatant errors he did in this WC and in the games leading up to it.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Considering how Belgium have been really quite poor this WC so far, I wouldnt be surprised at all if this American team beat them in the next round and advanced to the last 8.

Providing Belgium actually top the group that is.

*exhales*

The goal since December was to get out of this very tough group. We did it by the skin of our teeth, but we managed it. The World Cup is a success for us now as marks first times advanced out of group for two consecutive World Cups and we did it in a very tricky one.

Round of 16 will be insane regardless of who we play, but know media would love Russia.

America's ratings for the next game should be really high since it is on the fourth of July.