By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

A tie is the perfect result for the USA I think. They control moving on, or not.

Around the Network
Barozi said:

Knew that this game would be much closer than the Portugal one.

I'm thankful that Löw sent Klose in though IMO he should be a starter (Podolski as well).
Khedira was just terrible today. Always too slow and terrible passing.

Yeah, Klose plays like a 27 year old and Khedira like a 36 year old.

Damagon said:
lestatdark said:
Damn, Muller got a really bad gash after that clash of heads.

Head vs Shoulder. And considering the Ghana player is still hurting on his shoulder I'd say Muller got the worst part(as if the blood wasn't telling enough). 

I don't know where you guys got that head vs sholder thing from. That was head against head clear as day. More exactly, brow against head. I don't think that one can get a cut like that from hiting an sholder.

ithis said:
Damagon said:
lestatdark said:

Head vs Shoulder. And considering the Ghana player is still hurting on his shoulder I'd say Muller got the worst part(as if the blood wasn't telling enough). 

I don't know where you guys got that head vs sholder thing from. That was head against head clear as day. More exactly, brow against head. I don't think that one can get a cut like that from hiting an sholder.

Apart from the fact it was head against shoulder...

Damagon said:
lestatdark said:

Hmmm, I saw the replays after the match ended and it seemed head vs head, with Muller being hit on his brow which left him with that nasty gash. My mistake then.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

It was head & shoulder...

btw Mustafi and Khedira should play no more

ithis said:
Damagon said:
lestatdark said:

Look again, the Ghana player jumped higher and hit the ball witht he head. Muller was lower and heabutted the shoulder of the Ghanese player. Also when they were treating the players , the Ghanese player had his shirt pulled down and was getting his left shoulder treated.

The blood comes from the head hitting the shoulder blade.

Great second half.

Gonna be hard to pick two teams to progress because they all look quality.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

ithis said:
Damagon said:
lestatdark said:

That's a pretty low forehead.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.