By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

osed125 said:

Even though Germany  didn't win this match, I think they are the most solid team on this WC.

I hope you don't mean stable because that game was pathetic compared to the first.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
ithis said:
Damagon said:
lestatdark said:
Damn, Muller got a really bad gash after that clash of heads.

Head vs Shoulder. And considering the Ghana player is still hurting on his shoulder I'd say Muller got the worst part(as if the blood wasn't telling enough).

I don't know where you guys got that head vs sholder thing from. That was head against head clear as day. More exactly, brow against head. I don't think that one can get a cut like that from hiting an sholder.

That's a pretty low forehead.

That's a prety bad picture.

Just look at the animated gif above somewhere. You can see that the head of the ghana player also bouces as if from a hit. Also, the brow of Muller is above the shoulder. Aaand, brows don't get cut from hitting shoulders.

best WC game so far.. this is football.. Ghana squandered their opportunity to win when they were 2-1 up.

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

ithis said:
vivster said:

That's a pretty low forehead.

Just look at the animated gif above somewhere. You can see that the head of the ghana player also bouces as if from a hit. Also, the brow of Muller is above the shoulder. Aaand, brows don't get cut from hitting shoulders.

That pircture is from the better angle slomo. Do you know what a shoulder blade is? it's a big strong bone with edges on the back of your body. The Ghana player didn't hold his shoulder for nothing.

Very good to see here. Look where the head of Boye is when Müller clashes.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

ithis said:

Yes, the gif clearly shows Muller hit his shoulder if you actually just look at it. The Ghana player's head bounces because of the impact on his shoulder. And browns get cut by hitting shoulder blades.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
vivster said:
osed125 said:

Even though Germany  didn't win this match, I think they are the most solid team on this WC.

I hope you don't mean stable because that game was pathetic compared to the first.

I disagree. Germany wasn't particularly good against Portugal. Two big gifts from the referee and an awful Portuguese team made them look much better than they actually were.

It was easy against Portugal, I admit but at least they still knew how to attack. This time there was absolutely no movement. Only with Schweinsteiger they slowly started to get a move on.

The last thing was an accident with all ppl high on adrenaline. The Ghana player probably got a worse injury. An eyebrew cut is nothing.

krippaz said:
The last thing was an accident with all ppl high on adrenaline. The Ghana player probably got a worse injury. An eyebrew cut is nothing.

Agreed. If you watch enough fighting/mixed martial arts you learn that cuts are not terrible injuries. A lot of blows to the face that do not result in bleeding often hurt more. It matters more if he broke a face bone. Which no one knows except the German team insiders at this point.

Xevross said:
ithis said:

Yes, the gif clearly shows Muller hit his shoulder if you actually just look at it. The Ghana player's head bounces because of the impact on his shoulder. And browns get cut by hitting shoulder blades.

Ok. I went back and looked at the replay carefully. Yes, it was only shoulder. Heads came close but didn't touch.

ithis said:
Xevross said:
ithis said:

Ok. I went back and looked at the replay carefully. Yes, it was only shoulder. Heads came close but didn't touch.

I really enjoyed the game. Even more so because the Germans failed to win!! This next game has a lot to live up to.