By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

RolStoppable said:
Not looking good for my predictions today. Hopefully Honduras loses, otherwise I will get no points.

Everybody has been rubbish today. Nobody has more than 3 points. 

Literally nobody expected Costa Rica to beat Italy.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6438287

Around the Network
poklane said:
I wonder if the referee fucked up his chances for the final now. He did the Europa League final last season and Champions League final this season and was one of the top candidates to do the final.

This is FIFA we are talking about.

Never ever underestimate the stupidity of FIFA.

Wow just woke up, those were not the results I was expecting O_O

RolStoppable said:

That's not much of a consolation. I judge my performance against my own standards, not compared to others.

Any man with real standards wouldnt have slept through the most important game of the day.

justinian said:
lehamsy said:
Latin American Domination!!!!!

I think France are the only European country to beat a Latin American side, granted it was only Honduras.

On that continent I would give Uruguay the edge over Italy.

Anyhow, off to the pub to drown my sorrows and watch the French v Swiss with some friends.

Swiss beat Ecador 2 :1

Around the Network

A great game. Next will be good too.

Hmm, pie.

go, Ecuador, let me get 1 game right today

Ka-pi96 said:
Scisca said:
I'm not sure if Italy cares that much to score 2 goals today. It's the group stage after all, they never care about it. I believe there is a saying in Italy, that the group stage isn't part of the tournament or sth. like this. It's going to be 1:0 or 2:0, but let's be optimistic.

Italy 2:0 Costa Rica
Switzerland 1:1 France
Honduras 0:2 Ecuador

BTW. When does this Rahmadan or whatever start, during which the Muslims can't eat or drink in the day?

I wonder what they said when they went out during the group stage in 2010 then

You misunderstand it. It's not saying that this stage is so easy that they think it's obvious that they advance. On the contrary. They get eliminated often, cause they don't really care and aren't motivated for this phase, but once they get out, they usually end up veeery high (they are after all one of the two four-star teams), cause that's when the tournament starts and they really care.

Today was a strange day. Italy played like Italy does in the group stage. I was actually surprised they played so well against England. Now they'll probably get a painful draw with Uruguay. France on the other hand played the way I expected them to play before the WC started and not like the played in the first game.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

there is only on 4 star Team and that is Italy, Brasil has 5 Stars

RolStoppable said:
jerky99 said:
there is only on 4 star Team and that is Italy, Brasil has 5 Stars

Uruguay has four stars as well. Before the first World Cup, the tournament in the Olympic Summer Games had World Cup status. Uruguay won both of those tournaments, hence why they carry four stars.

okay, i haven`t notice the 4 Stars on the shirts, hence I see them only play every 4 years, my fault