By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

jerky99 said:
Tennis? is there a good english player?

I'm struggling to decide if this is a serious post or not. 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Ive just thought.

How am I going to cope?

Wimbledon starts in 3 days. How can I cope with all the Tennis and all the Football?

This is a dilemma for me too but luckily most of the Tennis will be finished before the football starts. I hope they put Murray on early in the day.

Xevross said:
Conegamer said:

Probably not. Got something else on with just the text commentary from the BBC on.

Has the text commentary been really slow for you in the World Cup. Whenever I use it it seems about 10 mins behind.

Very much so. The score updates much quicker however. Dunno why but, eh. It'll do

Carl2291 said:
Honduras are so fucking filthy.

Imagine playing with them constantly in the Concacaf...although El Salvador is worse

Nintendo and PC gamer

Xevross said:
Carl2291 said:
Ive just thought.

How am I going to cope?

Wimbledon starts in 3 days. How can I cope with all the Tennis and all the Football?

This is a dilemma for me too but luckily most of the Tennis will be finished before the football starts. I hope they put Murray on early in the day.

Well he's first match on being the defending champ which I think is true for the other rounds too as well. So...it should be OK

Anyway I'm gonna do a Wimbledon thread tomorrow (if there isn't one already) with all the info in so before Carl shouts at us let's leave it at that and stop derailing.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
jerky99 said:

Lol, I'm guessing it is. To answer, we English cheer for Murray (usually) who is Scottish but when he plays we just forget that and call him British.

Conegamer said:
jerky99 said:

i am littel bit confused, because here in Germany the crowd who watch football is not the the the same who is watching tennis, since Becker, Stich and Graf

jerky99 said:
Conegamer said:
jerky99 said:

i am littel bit confused, because here in Germany the crowd who watch football is not the the the same who is watching tennis, since Becker, Stich and Graf

Hmm fair enough, well the defending Wimbledon and Olympic Champion is British (Andy Murray) so yeah, he's pretty good. 

Carl2291 said:
Honduras are so fucking filthy.

Imagine playing with them constantly in the Concacaf...although El Salvador is worse

Nintendo and PC gamer

a good Striker would have score a goal