By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

Germany goal after Portugal should have had a penalty, harsh.

Around the Network

How many more?

Augen said:
zuvuyeay said:

good to see a US fan who understands the WC feeling,i know a couple of tottenham fans who will be getting excited in seattle right now for the big game

how are the timezones for you,not too bad are they

Matches are mid day to evening, which is fine. I am leaving the office and going to a pub meet to catch the US match tonight at 18:00 local time.  They are having a big screen to watch as well in the downtown city square nearby.

It is taking time, but every World Cup our numbers are growing.  ~30 years ago people didn't even know it was going on, now we number well into the millions and millions who follow the game.

pretty good then,down the bar after work

yes,most likely get better teams in the future as the US is huge, just tough when it is not a major mens sport in the country

Above & Beyond

Man, today is one of those days when it's best not to get out of bed at all. Two injuries for our side, especially Coentrao's, which is one of our good players, lots of bad calls from the ref, our GK doing monumental shit, etc, etc.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Didn't expect this score. Seems like I missed a German performance.

Around the Network

did Ronaldo really just hit a "wall" that consisted of only the smallest guy on the field ?

Lafiel said:
did Ronaldo really just hit a "wall" that consisted of only the smallest guy on the field ?

Lol not only did he hit it he hit the bottom.

Will we see a 5-0?

This is a hammering I never expected.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

chocoloco said:

You guys do not seem to understand. I am not complaining about the card. I am laughing at the obvious acting job aka flop/dive by the German player after he was brushed in the face by the Portugeuse player.
People all over GAF interpreted it the same way. The commentator on the International broadcast even called it playacting.

Oh I see.

It's because the referee's decisions in football have a much bigger impact on the game than in other sports.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Lafiel said:

Thats how skillfull Ronaldo is.. No other player could/would do that.. But he did.. He did.

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)