By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

A name change? Did our glorious one return? *Looks at history* Seems not.

Anyway, any other goaless performance from saints at the weekend but it's still okay, 5 from 9 isn't bad.

The Ox to Chelsea is a bit odd though. Arsenal are so weird, so much potential but honestly it feels like the players are really just there to pick up with pay check.... until they retire or go somewhere for more. Ox is still only like 24 though, scary.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

Lol Roy Keane's comment about the price inflation in today's market, "Giggs would be worth 2bn" even Fergie wouldn't turn that down legendary player or not. Zidane would be around 4bn while my guess is Pele would be 15bn or so.

Wyrdness said:
Lol Roy Keane's comment about the price inflation in today's market, "Giggs would be worth 2bn" even Fergie wouldn't turn that down legendary player or not. Zidane would be around 4bn while my guess is Pele would be 15bn or so.

Hahaha he must be exaggerating. Peak Zidane though is easily £150 million in todays market

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

UAE beat Saudi Arabia. So now if Japan best Australia in 2 days they qualify.

ArchangelMadzz said:
Wyrdness said:

Hahaha he must be exaggerating. Peak Zidane though is easily £150 million in todays market

If Dembele is worth around £130 million, then Zidane is worth at least 300 million!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
AZWification said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

If Dembele is worth around £130 million, then Zidane is worth at least 300 million!

Haha not really though. Peak Zidane is giving you 5 years of service for £150 million.

Demebele is giving you 10 years of service for £130 million with his potential unknown but very high. 

ArchangelMadzz said:
AZWification said:

Haha not really though. Peak Zidane is giving you 5 years of service for £150 million.

Demebele is giving you 10 years of service for £130 million with his potential unknown but very high. 

I guess you're right, but I still think Dembele's fee is just a tad bit too high. I have no doubt he will be good for Barcelona, though!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Ka-pi96 said:
AZWification said:

I guess you're right, but I still think Dembele's fee is just a tad bit too high. I have no doubt he will be good for Barcelona, though!

Just a tad? Probably more than double what he's really worth to be fair.

But hey, everybody knows that Barca have that Neymar money now so...

Demebele just turned 20, I think he's playing better than Neymar at the same age and in a tougher league so we'll see how things go. 

Ka-pi96 said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

Demebele just turned 20, I think he's playing better than Neymar at the same age and in a tougher league so we'll see how things go. 

Yeah, but Neymar isn't really worth 200m either. PSG were just willing to pay way over the odds to make a statement

If someone is willing to pay 200 million for their services then he's worth it to them or they wouldn't have bought him. He is the most marketable player in the world and will make them lots of money with various deals, he is still young and therefore has resell value even 4 years from now to a man united/city team. 

If he helps them to a champions league or 2 in 4 years and sell him for 100-120 Millon down the line I'd say that's pretty worth it in my books.

ArchangelMadzz said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Yeah, but Neymar isn't really worth 200m either. PSG were just willing to pay way over the odds to make a statement

If someone is willing to pay 200 million for their services then he's worth it to them or they wouldn't have bought him. He is the most marketable player in the world and will make them lots of money with various deals, he is still young and therefore has resell value even 4 years from now to a man united/city team. 

If he helps them to a champions league or 2 in 4 years and sell him for 100-120 Millon down the line I'd say that's pretty worth it in my books.

Not if they get barred from the CL because of the financial fair play then they're stuck with 200m quids worth in a domestic league they would have most likely won anyway with out spending that much.