By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

Rooney gets dropped and all of a sudden it's like a different team, Leicester's fairy tale is over sorry, with in the next few seasons they'll return to were they should be much like Blackburn did.

Around the Network

Good match this time around. Dropping Rooney really made a difference. Expected more from Zlatan though.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Are people seriously criticising Neymar for being good at football? So many sore losers out there...

People have some weird beef with Neymar. People never said anything like that about Ronaldinho or Kaka, for example.

From what I remember Kaka's style was less flair and more direct, and no one would hate Ronaldinho since he seems like a funny/nice guy. Neymar has this brat/Justin Beiber thing to him that makes a lot of people hate him, but I guess he must be very fun to hang around with 

Arsene should stay forever 😁 what a performance last evening. Chelseas defence being a joke did help but lovely win nevertheless. Don't see Özil making sprints like that often.

My take on people having beef with Neymar is that he dives alot (at least used to) and his attitude seems a bit whiny. Good player though.

Lmao at his frustration.

https://vimeo.com/184147025

Around the Network

West Ham seem to have self destructed this season.

Great win for Saints. Keep the form going and again, prove pundits who cry over 'selling too many players' wrong.

Hmm, pie.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/26/exclusive-investigation-england-manager-sam-allardyce-for-sale/

For people who don't read the entire article:

• An assistant manager at a high-profile club accepted a £5,000 cash under the table payment
  • 10 managers were named by players' agents as taking bribes to fix player transfers
  • Two well-known managers discussed becoming ambassadors for the same fictitious firm as Sam Allardyce
  • Another high-profile manager admitted his players broke FA rules by betting on their own games but he failed to report it
  • A senior figure at a Premier League club helped undercover reporters to formulate a plan to bribe managers

This week is gonna be good!

poklane said:
  • Another high-profile manager admitted his players broke FA rules by betting on their own games but he failed to report it

I always wonder about this one. Because... well, footballers aren't the most intelligent people and well, sometimes, they just don't know. Especially if they are younger footballers who don't know all the rules.

Hmm, pie.

Ka-pi96 said:
The Fury said:

I always wonder about this one. Because... well, footballers aren't the most intelligent people and well, sometimes, they just don't know. Especially if they are younger footballers who don't know all the rules.

Well betting on your own team isn`t really that bad. Providing you`re betting on them to win of course. Then there`s just an extra financial incentive to play well, I don`t see a problem with that.

Betting on your team to lose however... that just reeks of match fixing.

It might come down not to just wins or loses but other things, which is what a lot of match fixing actually is. Like number of yellows, corners, throw ins etc. Things that are essentially easy to fix. Place a bet on yourself to get a yellow card in a game, do a few too many hard tackles until you get one. But betting on yourself just because you don't know the rules is a little different to being paid to do it by someone else.

Hmm, pie.