By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

Bye bye Spain. Nice. But Italy messed up my points by scoring 2-0.

Around the Network
pastro243 said:
Great day for me, Chile champions and Italy won against spain

Chile won? Fantastic. They are a great team.

Also, see that Messi is having a cry about it? He's 29 and retiring because he hasn't won a international competition?

Hmm, pie.

Lol you guys

Nice for Italy, actually surprised they beat Spain (they havent won agaisnt them since pre-2008 Spain?), but I guess Spain does have a below-average team, so I hope Italy doesnt think they can win it all just for this one game...

Since I'm half italian it's very satisfying seeing them win. The little what I saw of the game was good from both teams, which is cool.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Italy was clearly better but damn I don't want to play against them in the next round. Well at least there are still 2 more teams that can stop them after us. lol

Hilarious wilful submission to Italy, and you wonder why you lose

Around the Network
The Fury said:
pastro243 said:
Great day for me, Chile champions and Italy won against spain

Chile won? Fantastic. They are a great team.

Also, see that Messi is having a cry about it? He's 29 and retiring because he hasn't won a international competition?

Yeah, I think it's too much. Many great players never win anything with their national teams and don't retire (hell, Chile's first international title was last year)

I think he will come back eventually though. Argentina without Messi, Masche and the rest is going to suffer in qualifiers.

And I'm still celebrating hahaha

RolStoppable said:
LurkerJ said:
Hilarious wilful submission to Italy, and you wonder why you lose

My personal favorite moment of Germany sucking up to Italy was the aftermath of Italy vs. Australia at World Cup 2006. Australia played better and was a lot closer to scoring than Italy, but at the end of regulation the referee gifted Italy a penalty kick which won the game. Stefan Effenberg (former player of the German national team and expert for TV at the time) couldn't help himself but praise the Italian player for the dive because it was so smart, so deserving of admiration.

lol, that was Grosso. The same player who went on and scored a wonderful goal against Germany that effectively ended the match

France vs Iceland should be an interesting quarter final.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

RolStoppable said:
Where is gramps?!

Getting drunk? Destroying French property? Inhaling French police tear gas?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Let's go Iceland!