By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

A couple of days break will be nice. Maybe Saints will announce a new manager in it. I'm hoping for Andre Villas Boas, my reasons are that unlike our previous manages he won't want a 'step up' as much, as he's done that, he's free after leaving Russia, he's got a great record and he'd help attract some good players (we also have 2 Portugeuse players to help settle him).

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
Scisca said:
Barozi said:

Just because I mentioned the obvious?
Iceland winning against Austria is considered a surprise, so obviously I'm mentioning that with half a sentence. You were disputing my comment so I had to elaborate what I meant with a bit more content.

Are you kidding? You must be kidding. Let me remind you what Iceland did in the qualifiers. They won the group with Netherlands, Czech Rep and Turkey. Theyare a very good team. Them defeating Austria is the expected score, they were my favourites to win this group, but then Hungary happened (can't complain! ). To me, they have very realistic chances to eliminate England and I'm happy to see other people seeing this as well. Also, today Austria actually showed that they know how to play football, but waking up in the last game proved to be too late even on this tournament.

Well since Iceland never qualified for anything before and Austria can be a decent team sometimes, I would still consider it a surprise. Austria topped their group as well and you can only judge the strength of the other teams once the tournament has started. Looking at both Turkey and Czech Republic, they didn't play a good tournament either.

Shows how bad the Netherlands were during the qualification.

Barozi said:
Scisca said:

Are you kidding? You must be kidding. Let me remind you what Iceland did in the qualifiers. They won the group with Netherlands, Czech Rep and Turkey. Theyare a very good team. Them defeating Austria is the expected score, they were my favourites to win this group, but then Hungary happened (can't complain! ). To me, they have very realistic chances to eliminate England and I'm happy to see other people seeing this as well. Also, today Austria actually showed that they know how to play football, but waking up in the last game proved to be too late even on this tournament.

Well since Iceland never qualified for anything before and Austria can be a decent team sometimes, I would still consider it a surprise. Austria topped their group as well and you can only judge the strength of the other teams once the tournament has started. Looking at both Turkey and Czech Republic, they didn't play a good tournament either.

Shows how bad the Netherlands were during the qualification.

Yeah with all respect for Iceland and the Netherlands but beating Netherlands doesn't mean Iceland is great.  Turkey/Czech both beat the Netherlands atleast once in the qualification.

NiKKoM said:

Rank Name Points
1 AUGEn 63
2 AZWification 59

vivster

4 Kapi96 56
5 Nikkom 55
6 Rolstoppable 53*
7 S.Peelman 50
8 Anfebious 46
9 Mike 321 44
10 The Fury 39
11 Carl2291 37

*subject to change

alright i have a few days to calculate our groupstage scores...

i need to check the knockout round games... everybody gets a clean reset for those games..

What do you mean with clean slate? Can I submit new scores now?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

kowenicki said:
Kerotan said:

Pity you lot didn't recognise us as foreign for the last 800 years and maybe then we wouldn't hate you like the rest of the world does.  

I was right behind that goal we scored the winner and I'd like to dedicate by crazy celebrations to you.  

Best day of my life.  We're going to celebrate it like we won it because for such a small nation we basically have. 

And was hilarious seeing all the English with Italian jerseys walk off with the tail between their legs.  Adios!! 

Thanks for confirming what I already knew about you. You "hate" an entire country. How very small minded and xenophobic of you. Typical though. Such a huge chip. Pathetic.

And to say you've basically won it is funny and silly on a number of levels;

First of all, you qualified because of a change in the rules that allowed 3rd placed, 3rd rate teams to progress.  Any other Euro's in history, youd be home now. 

Secondly, Iceland, Wales, N.Ireland, Croatia, and Albania are smaller. So what did they win if you've basically won the tournament because you are so small?

Anyhow, enjoy the bye the Italians gave you.

I hate what your county stands for.  The millions of Irish people who don't exist because of the genocides your country were responsible for.  To this day we have a hostile northern Ireland thanks to your country.  

I hate a large percentage of your football supporters because they're aggressive thugs.  

I don't hate all English people.  Many are sound.  But considering about a third have Irish blood in them nowadays it's not surprising a lot are cool people.  

We qualified thanks to a perfectly normal system.  Used in past world cups.  We had a very hard group.  Could have been easier but it doesn't matter we got through and celebrated like we won.  

In ireland we have our own national sports.  Not soccer like in most countries.  Massive achievement to have done what we have and we are all delighted.  

We are judged by different standards. I'm delighted with this tournament.  We've once again shown the world how English supporters (who can't handle a few drinks)  how to behave.  Love being the media darling <3

Hotel in Lille is in a Muslim ghetto and they all love us.  Can't stand the English though after their antics here last week.  

Around the Network

What is the prediction condition for knockout stage? After 90 minutes, after extra time or after penalties?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Yawn... new games can't come soon enough!

Maybe they'll stop the bitching that's going on recently on this thread... I got my eyes on you lads.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

LipeJJ said:

Maybe they'll stop the bitching that's going on recently on this thread... I got my eyes on you lads.

You think the bitching will decrease in a knockout stage where shit is actually happening and wins and losses actually mean something? That's cute.

vivster said:
LipeJJ said:

You think the bitching will decrease in a knockout stage where shit is actually happening and wins and losses actually mean something? That's cute.

Yassss! I know I shouldn't expect any good from people, but I'm an optimistic guy.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
LipeJJ said:

Not bitching , more like a misture of salty people and bait to get people banned.

Yeah, better way to describe it. I just hope people stop cause this can't end well.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

LipeJJ said:
vivster said:

Yassss! I know I shouldn't expect any good from people, but I'm an optimistic guy.

Still hope that nobody gets banned for some shit talking in a football thread. I mean it's fun and part of it and I don't believe anyone takes the shit we say in here to heart.