By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

Ka-pi96 said:
TBH every single one of those potential Champions League changes sounds like crap.

I don't really want more guaranteed entries for the biggest leagues, maybe some of the leagues with 3 teams could be bumped up to 4, but the ones already at 4 don't need any more. It's way too dominated by the big leagues as is, let's not make it even more so.

Protected places for the biggest clubs is the biggest load of bullshit I've ever heard. Clubs should earn their place in the competition, and I'd also argue that if they aren't able to earn their place there then perhaps they aren't as 'big' a club as they claim either.

Playing on a Saturday wouldn't be such a bad thing. Although it would screw with league schedules so that would suck. Oh and the reasoning is absolute shite. Fuck the americans and asians. It's a European competition and so European viewers should be the priority!

Yet all of those are still better than that shitty european super league idea.

But we have so much money to give. UEFA doesn't care about fans or Europe really, just want to make as money as possible.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Fuck the americans and asians. It's a European competition and so European viewers should be the priority!

i cri ever tiem

I bet you more Latinos watch the champions than Europeans ;P

But yeah, I agree with everything you said. Except for the european super league, cause I've never heard about it.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

No way in hell should spots be safeguarded for teams, the person who suggested that can get the f**k out, want to be in Europe perform well enough to get in end of.

mZuzek said:
Ka-pi96 said:

heh, you may well be right.

Besides, I'm not necessarily against them moving matchdays to weekends, just wish they were saying it was for European viewers instead (even if that was a lie )

Moving matches to weekends isn't a bad move by itself, but it ends up being one as it would fuck up the national league schedules.

Well, they fixtures around all the time, and if England complains, have someone try to rationlize why two domestic cups exist.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

México vs Chile

Fun match

Around the Network

Wow we drawed against Belgium. Feels like we've won something big 😁

KiigelHeart said:
Wow we drawed against Belgium. Feels like we've won something big 😁

We won against Poland :O :D

If the UK would leave the EU a lot of players in the premier league will be foreign players with visa requirements like the african players.. Now that would be interesting..

would affect the Premier League hugely.. players like deGea, Mata, Martial, Bellerin, all would fail the quota for international games played..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:

Group A: Colombia Paraguay USA Costa Rica

Group B: Brazil Ecuador Haiti Peru

Group C: Mexico Uruguay Jamaica Venezuela

Group D: Argentina Chile Panama Bolivia

Quarter finals:

Colombia  - Ecuador

Argentine - Mexico
--------------------------------

Uruguay - Chile

Brazil - Costa Rica

Semi finals:

Colombia vs Argentine

Uruguay vs Brazil

third place
Brazil vs Colombia

Final match:

Uruguay vs Argentine 

daily predictions on game day

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

im going with zeh germans

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.