By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

A good win for saints, especially as Liverpool lost. :)

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
poklane said:
How the fuck did City ever reach the semi-finals of the Champions League?!?!

Luck

Oh dear, the way City played today the return leg in Madrid is going to be a horror show if the same performance is repeated.

Gotta love the Dutch promotion-relegation system, where the 2nd division's #10 for some reason gets a shot at promotion to the Eredivisie.....

Pretty anti-climatic if Leicester win the league when they are off the field.

Hope Tottenham can get a result tonight. Think it might be a classic.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
poklane said:

Gotta love the Dutch promotion-relegation system, where the 2nd division's #10 for some reason gets a shot at promotion to the Eredivisie.....

Do you have a playoff system in place? I couldn't think of any other explanation.

Yeah, an extremely stupid play-off system

celador said:

Leicester didn't lose yesterday. They played well. They attacked well, without Vardy, away from home and secured a point. They also were denied a rightful penalty and played for 10 minutes with 10 players only.

I'd understand where you are coming from if they lost yesterday but they didn't, against all odds.

LurkerJ said:
celador said:

Leicester didn't lose yesterday. They played well. They attacked well, without Vardy, away from home and secured a point. They also were denied a rightful penalty and played for 10 minutes with 10 players only.

I'd understand where you are coming from if they lost yesterday but they didn't, against all odds.

I'd still like to see the players, fans and Ranieri all on the pitch as it is confirmed to see their reactions.  It will be great to see them lift the trophy on Sunday, but I feel as though we are missing out on not seeing it confirmed live. Instead we will get a gold banner going along the bottom of Sky Sports News.

By rightful penalty denied for Leicester, please don't tell me you mean Mahrez running at Rojo.. I did not see the whole game though so maybe you mean something else.

KiigelHeart said:
By rightful penalty denied for Leicester, please don't tell me you mean Mahrez running at Rojo.. I did not see the whole game though so maybe you mean something else.

It wasn't a penalty? What did the "experts" say?

Memphis probably deserved a penalty too tbh.