By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/04/24/leicester-citys-riyad-mahrez-named-pfa-player-of-the-year/

Incredile... and they paid like 2 snickers and a mars bar for him

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
Volterra_90 said:
I know that nobody cares but me, but we (Celta de Vigo) are officially classified for the Europa League next year! I'm truly happy right now :D

I care

Orellana, Diaz and Pablo Hernández play for Celta and my NT, so here some people were happy. And it's a great achievement to classify to european tournaments in Spain considering the level of the competition there, congrats! 

pastro243 said:

I care

Orellana, Diaz and Pablo Hernández play for Celta and my NT, so here some people were happy. And it's a great achievement to classify to european tournaments in Spain considering the level of the competition there, congrats! 

Oh, yeah, we definitely have a lot of players from Chile XD. I guess that's because Berizzo trained there. Orellana and Hernandez were probably the core of the team this season. Diaz is adjusting, but I definitely see his potential. Let's hope that we could do fine in the Europa League next year!

Volterra_90 said:
pastro243 said:

I care

Oh, yeah, we definitely have a lot of players from Chile XD. I guess that's because Berizzo trained there. Orellana and Hernandez were probably the core of the team this season. Diaz is adjusting, but I definitely see his potential. Let's hope that we could do fine in the Europa League next year!

Diaz has the injury problem, but he's great quality (most consider him the most important MF we had, over Vidal). Maybe it was because of the coach, but Berizzo and Sampaoli have many things in common, so I guess they will find a role in which he can show that. Orellana was always considered a gem, but he made some stupid stuff, I'm glad that at Celta he can show what he can do when he is focused 

And good luck ;)

pastro243 said:

Diaz has the injury problem, but he's great quality (most consider him the most important MF we had, over Vidal). Maybe it was because of the coach, but Berizzo and Sampaoli have many things in common, so I guess they will find a role in which he can show that. Orellana was always considered a gem, but he made some stupid stuff, I'm glad that at Celta he can show what he can do when he is focused 

And good luck ;)

Yeah, this Celta plays a similar football than your NT. I've watched some Chile matches and I definitely find a lot of resemblances between both of them. Diaz is slowly improving after his injury, and Orellana is a really awesome and technical player, but he is only focused on Celta XD. I mean, he's always done a lot of stupidities in different teams but here he's focused and happy. I hope he'll have the chance to prove himself on the national team! He's probably our best player right now. But I feel that he doesn't prove that outside Celta, and it's a shame, he could be a really valuable player for your NT. 

Around the Network
Volterra_90 said:
pastro243 said:

And good luck ;)

Yeah, this Celta plays a similar football than your NT. I've watched some Chile matches and I definitely find a lot of resemblances between both of them. Diaz is slowly improving after his injury, and Orellana is a really awesome and technical player, but he is only focused on Celta XD. I mean, he's always done a lot of stupidities in different teams but here he's focused and happy. I hope he'll have the chance to prove himself on the national team! He's probably our best player right now. But I feel that he doesn't prove that outside Celta, and it's a shame, he could be a really valuable player for your NT. 

He has been good/decent on the NT the times he has played, but was never going to be starter having Alexis Sánchez when he played on the RW (Bielsa-Berizzo days).

He wasn't called for many years though (Other players and he wasn't shining or anything due to discipline stuff), last time against Argentina and Venezuela he did a good job, and now that Sánchez plays LW/RW/SS/CF/AM or whereever he wants to, Orellana has space to play and start now that he is more mature xd

Went to the Villa game on saturday. Had to sit in the home fans as Saints tickets were sold out, needless to say, home seats were not. Good result for us.

Hmm, pie.

Congrats to Mahrez, he has had a wonderful season with Leicester. Kante also deserves a shout-out.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Spurs... Losers... So Leicester can afford 2 losses..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Nice one West Brom...now we just need Man U to take a dive, so to speak.

Hmm, pie.