By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony @ E3 : Lesser talked about variables that are at their advantage

I was sitting here thinking about E3, reading TLOU HD news, and it got me to thinking. The new crop of games showing @ E3 should look better than ever on PS4 (improvements to XB1 as well most likely due to dev experience).

Last E3 we had so-called 'XB1' games running on high end PCs w/GTX cards. This year can MS get away with that again? Forza for sure was a massive downgrade.

Last E3 because of that, people really couldn't tell the quality difference between actual XB1 vs. PS4 hardware, due to the previews being run on extremely unrealistic setups. We even had SCORES of people that insisted that all the games would look the same between the two.

If TLOU is a knockout showcase, along with at least one hyper awesome exclusive like TLG / Beast / etc, I think Sony takes E3 fairly easily. All the cross platform stuff will be easily better on PS4, and that's the bulk of the titles anyway.

What are your thoughts on these and other lesser-discussed aspects of E3?

Around the Network

If sony officially puts a name on project morpheus, and have 3 proper games games playable, doesn't even put a price on it, then show off every game that we know is coming and 2/3 new IPs. Thats it, they have won E3. At this stage, all ms can do is show games and sony can do that too. Sony just has another hardware trump card that I don't think people are taking as seriously yet as they should... obviously cause we know so little about it.

It wont be TLOU the reason Sony will easily win this E3 IMO. It will be the brand new games that they will announce, both first and third party. And probably massive IPs showcased on it like Destiny.

Never the less it will help to keep some cash flowing in during the summer, as I doubt that it wont do 1-2 million on the PS4.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Just because the games will look really good, doesn't mean Sony will win E3. Microsoft's and Nintendo's unannounced exclusives along with the already announced ones could end up being better than Sony's.

BTW, you forgot to include Uncharted 4 on that hyper exclusive thing. That's bound to get more hype than any of the games you mentioned.

If Sony shows Wonderbook or God of War they auto-lose in my book.

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
If sony officially puts a name on project morpheus, and have 3 proper games games playable, doesn't even put a price on it, then show off every game that we know is coming and 2/3 new IPs. Thats it, they have won E3. At this stage, all ms can do is show games and sony can do that too. Sony just has another hardware trump card that I don't think people are taking as seriously yet as they should... obviously cause we know so little about it.

a personally don't think Morpheus will be given much attention this E3.  probeably the same playable demos at their booth and a nod in the conference. I think this E3 they will give a lot more time to playstation now since that releases in a few months unlike Morpheus which is next year. 

and games.  project beast ftw!!!

There's definitely more sceptisim of what the hardware is cabable of now so they'd be dumb to try and get away with PC's again, particularly with far more questions being asked, an exculsive game could lose a lot of points instantly if it turns out it's running on a titan. Hopefully this debate will all go away once people realise that PS4 games are always going to look anywhere from the same up to maybe 40-50% better (especially for exclusives) than Xbox one and the content (especially with exclusives) will come to the fore again, sadly it's a little early in the generation for that. Knowbody was saying that TLOU was better than Halo 4 because it was prettier but when we see the re-releases... it's weird.

Games wise it's up to what Sony choses to show, long term they will more than likely come out on top like last gen it's wether they want to show off enough to kind of match Microsoft for now or beat them. They used to lean towards the latter but they've gotten more savvy in recent years (hell only really in the last year) and they should be somewhat emboldened to take the risk and show more of their cards. Morpheus and PS now push the other way and they could hold off from a stronger games showing. Either way it's been a while since they've lost an E3 and I don't see why that would change.

Buying order: Switch, better pc

They will win once they announce a new Crash Bandicoot and Sly Cooper

badgenome said:

I think God of War is a possibility.

EspadaGrim said:
badgenome said:

I think God of War is a possibility.

If Sony shows God of War they auto-win in my book.