By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Santa Barbara Massacre: To Hell With Facts

I know there is a group of decent human beings that properly use and care for guns, but the problem is that there are far too many assholes in the world.

It sucks, but ultimately, innocent people's lives are more important than your hobby.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

Around the Network
SlayerRondo said:
Leadified said:

Is, freedom at all costs, really something worth attaining? You have a Pandora's Box of possibilites awaiting you.

Is, a life without freedom, really something worth having?

All I have done is drawn a line and said the cost of new gun controls would take us too far away from being free. As I implied in the beginning, some measures are tollerable while some are not.

If we were to restric freedom to the point that no one would die, that is a world I would not wish to live in.

Yeah! Go freedom! Freedom to kill college students, kids, and more! Who wants to live in a society where we can't have the freedom to go to a college and start shooting random strangers?

Feel bad for the victims. But glad that the perpetrator killed himself so there will be no long legal battle to defend that looney. Since the father of the perpetrator has a good amount of money I'm sure he will be sued by a lot of the surviving victims and by the families that lost a loved one.

McDonaldsGuy said:
SlayerRondo said:
Leadified said:

Is, freedom at all costs, really something worth attaining? You have a Pandora's Box of possibilites awaiting you.

All I have done is drawn a line and said the cost of new gun controls would take us too far away from being free. As I implied in the beginning, some measures are tollerable while some are not.

If we were to restric freedom to the point that no one would die, that is a world I would not wish to live in.

Yeah! Go freedom! Freedom to kill college students, kids, and more! Who wants to live in a society where we can't have the freedom to go to a college and start shooting random strangers?

While I do think our political views align for the most part I will say this: If guns are ever in fact made illegal, the shootings would neither cease nor subside. We've become a culture that feels it's better to destroy the opposition than come to an agreement. If we didn't have guns we'd use knives. If not knives, blunt objects. If not blunt objects... rocks and stones. Happens all over the world unfortunately.

McDonaldsGuy said:
SlayerRondo said:
Leadified said:

I can see that you are playing to the crowd and not interested in a serious discussion.

Goodbye

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

Around the Network
SlayerRondo said:
Leadified said:

I didn't mean the other extreme, but I'll work with that for now.

I got the message you were trying to get across but your last sentence confuses me, how much freedom do you get before it starts to infringe on the freedom of others?

SlayerRondo said:
McDonaldsGuy said:

I can see that you are playing to the crowd and not interested in a serious discussion.

Goodbye

Tell me how having a national gun registry which law enforcement can access and increased background checks infringes on rights. When I think "freedom" I think more of freedom of speech, religion, etc. etc. not freedom to murder college kids.

HipHopGodd said:

While I do think our political views align for the most part I will say this: If guns are ever in fact made illegal, the shootings would neither cease nor subside. We've become a culture that feels it's better to destroy the opposition than come to an agreement. If we didn't have guns we'd use knives. If not knives, blunt objects. If not blunt objects... rocks and stones. Happens all over the world unfortunately.

On the same day as Sandy Hook, a Chinese man stabbed 22 children.

26 people died in Sandy Hook, including 20 children.

0 died in China.

PLEASE I would BEG for mass murderers to use knives instead of guns.

novasonic said:
I know there is a group of decent human beings that properly use and care for guns, but the problem is that there are far too many assholes in the world.

It sucks, but ultimately, innocent people's lives are more important than your hobby.

If we were to have freedom's restricted on the basis of what an asshole way do then there would scarcely be any left to have.

And lets be realistic here for a moment, you don't advocate banning guns but rather a state monopoly of gun ownership. I would say that of the many assholes out there, many of them are in the employ of the state, which is the number one reason why we need to posses guns in the first place.

To many it may be a hobby, to others it is a means of protecting one's self and others.

And if they ever did ban guns, and then the inevitable massacre occurs, they will simply find another scapegoat, such as violent video games.

Where you either win

or you DIE

Leadified said:
SlayerRondo said:
Leadified said:

I didn't mean the other extreme, but I'll work with that for now.

I got the message you were trying to get across but your last sentence confuses me, how much freedom do you get before it starts to infringe on the freedom of others?

Possesing a gun does not infrige upon anothers rights, shooting someone with a gun, threatening to shoot someone with a gun or bringing your gun onto private property where guns a prohibited by the owner and so on do violate other's freedoms.

Where you either win

or you DIE