By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Japan to bless XBO with a masterpiece... but what will it be? Announcement coming soon.

Tagged games:

Never quite understood the hype around Japanese exclusive games being announced. I'm assuming very few of us here actually live in Japan let alone speak the language. And with the gaming industrys track history, this game, whatever it is, has a small chance of ever making it out here. I hope I'm wrong. There is a small part of me wishing for this to be an epic failure that no one cares about, that way I wont have to be jealous of the Japanese yet again xD

Around the Network
Skeeuk said:
DQ10 DQ11 ?

Fixed it for you!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

DexInDaJungle said:
Never quite understood the hype around Japanese exclusive games being announced. I'm assuming very few of us here actually live in Japan let alone speak the language. And with the gaming industrys track history, this game, whatever it is, has a small chance of ever making it out here. I hope I'm wrong. There is a small part of me wishing for this to be an epic failure that no one cares about, that way I wont have to be jealous of the Japanese yet again xD

The hype is only from Xbox fans because they think it will hurt Sony (which it never does or will) due to Sony having a huge Japanese support.It started last generation when the 360 got more Japanese support than the Xbox, but the console still sold poorly in Japan with none of the Japanese games going platinum.This 5g game or whatever is just a crappy graphic novel.Something trivial as expected.

GoldenGamer said:
DexInDaJungle said:

The hype is only from Xbox fans because they think it will hurt Sony (which it never does or will) due to Sony having a huge Japanese support.It started last generation when the 360 got more Japanese support than the Xbox, but the console still sold poorly in Japan with none of the Japanese games going platinum.This 5g game or whatever is just a crappy graphic novel.Something trivial as expected.

Its actually 3 games.

5pb. announced three new Xbox One adventure games during a Niconico presentation this morning.

First, the developer’s previously announced Chaos;Child, whose platform was yet to be announced, will launch for Xbox One sometime in 2014.

Next up is Mystereet F: The Detectives’ Curtain Call, which includes Abel Software’s originalMystereet and a completely new version of the still incomplete Mystereet 2 re-developed for Xbox One.

And finally, 5pb. are also developing an Xbox One game based on the Psycho-Pass anime. It will have an original story drawn up by Nitroplus, and it will support both Kinect and Smartglass interaction.

Trailer.

Like all of Mages games, looks like fun, but I can't see a hope in hell of this coming to the west. I still need to pick up Steins;Gate for PC actually.

Interesting to see that they've stuck with the Xbox brand for the current generation. Generational change was the perfect time to switch, but I guess they were pretty happy being more noticeable by virtue of being exclusive developers (even if only timed exclusive in the vast majority of cases). Pays off every now and again, I guess.