By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games you like that others dont

Tagged games:

Probably the biggest ones were

Metroid Other M -Yes I like this game. I love the speed, I love the over the top finishing sequences, I love the throwbacks to Super Metroid, I just loved this game.

Final Fantasy Crystal Bearers - I loved that fact that for the first time since Final Fantasy X, I felt I was playing an actual FF game. It was open World with no hand holding (and I got lost a few times), the story expanded the crystal chronicles lore (as the exposure to the crystals over time began to make the citizens evolve and gain powers, and therefore feared by the government), it was also overall very fun to me.It had problems, and I mean HUGE, HUGE problems, but the groundwork was laid for an amazing sequel. (Obviously one I will never see, which is sad.)

If we could take the same cast, give everyone physical weapons, use the touchpad for stacking magic and a seperate scrollable screen to move objects with telepathy via the gamepad, and make the game 4 player drop in drop out online like Echoes Of Time and update the graphics for the Wii U it would be one of the greatest games ever! (IMO)

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:

Star Ocean The Last Hope.

I'm backing this one up.  I really don't like it :P.  If you check out the image on my PSN profiles I've actually been replaying it to try and finish it off.  I started on Roak when I picked it back up, got to that one space fortress/town and got to the boss that required the wind ring to get to.  Might try and press on, finish it, or might set it back down and try to finish it later on.

--

Dead Space 3.  Dead Space 1, 2, and Resident Evil 4 were always shooting games, and at points in all of those games, there's lots of times you're locked in a room, in an area, or going through several areas with non stop shooting.  Dead Space 3 is the same with a bit more shooting going on.

The Saboteur.  EA's GTA clone.  The storyline isn't as good as the latest GTA titles, graphics aren't as good, but one thing the game has on GTA4 and 5 easy are the missions and the gameplay.

Dante's Inferno.  Another EA game.  I'm sure most of the hate the games get are because they're EA games.  Imo, Dante's Inferno is much better than every game in the series that it rips off in everything but graphics.

White Knight Chronicles 2.  I've never played the first game, so I can't say whether the changes were big enough to make this a better game or not, all I know is that this game includes the first game updated to play like the second game.  This game is a horribly rated game, but to me, t's one of the best console RPGs I've played this gen.  It plays like a lot like Phantasy Star Online if Phantasy Star Online had a sort of ATB style battle system.

DmC Devil May Cry.  Storyline that's better than all the original DMC games.  The gameplay might be different, easier to do a wide array of stylish combos, etc, but it's good.  If not for Dante and Vergil looking different, I'm sure the game would have more fans. 

*edit*

Dirge of Cerberus Final Fantasy 7.  I never see anyone talk about this now, but when it was released, itt either got hated on because it's it's a Final Fantasy by people who aren't a fan of the franchise, or by Final Fantasy fans because of how different it was from the rest of the series.  Story sucks, but one of my favorite shooters.

Final Fantasy XIII Saga. Easily in my Top 3 of all FFs :)

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Wii Music

Mario Kart Wii

Bomberman Hero (WTH, critics?!?!)

Shrek 2 (Only movie-based game I've ever had fun with)

Ff13-not my favorite FF, but I still enjoyed it
Crash Twinsanity- the only crash game not made by naughty dog that I considered good. I remember that the game was hilarious.
Kh 358/2 days- I thought the story was great and the missions were perfect for a portable.

Around the Network

Wing Commander III & IV - loved them!
Sniper Elite - cant wait for the next one!

The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.

Ernest Hemmingway

RealGamingExpert said:
Zelda Skyward Sword.
While i dont think its the best zelda, it still is my favorite one.
It just felt so special!
I dont know why so many people hate it :D

I would say there is a 95% probability that Fi is involved.

OT: Perfect Dark Zero. Common criticism is aimed at the game's weak story, voice acting and simplistic AI, but I view it as part of the series' charm.

spemanig said:
TNMT for the NES.

Amen. I've played that one like crazy as a kid, swapping gamepads with my cousin each time one of us would fail. Almost finished it too.

StarOcean said:

You have that one game you like that others you know tend to brush off as "meh" or just hate 

What game would that be for you?

For me it would have to be LoZ: Spirit Tracks. Everyone tends to hate the game, but to me it has a unique charm to it that I just love XD I cant explain it

Another big contender for me is Final Fantasy III (DS/PSP/NES, not US 6)

You're my hero :) I love Spirit Tracks.

Let's see, what else? Other M, for sure. Star Fox Adventures, Killzone, Tak and the Power of Juju, and Epic Mickey also.

Mmmm... probably Enchanted Arms, Killer is Dead, Stranglehold and Castlevania: Lords of Shadows, among others.