By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games with the strongest atmosphere.

Tagged games:

Wright said:
Phantom-Lord said:

Pretty sure Call of Pripyat had women, unless my memory is failing which is possible.

Nope. Women don't exist on STALKER universe xD

Crap, sausage fest.

Around the Network

Journey

I'm surprised noone's mentioned that yet. it's pretty much atmosphere the game.

Majora's Mask is the most atmospheric game ever to me! It is so incredible in capturing this sinister undertone. It really does feel like the end of the world is just around the corner.

None are better than the First Shenmue

Can't believe no one said Dead Space yet

Around the Network

Doom
especially mission 8 of episode 1 is amazing, that music, Sing of Evil, is one of the best tracks of game music, pure melancholy, perfect fit.

Xenogears
Resident Evil

''Hadouken!''

Alan Wake

The first Unreal.

The Witcher 1 and 2, Morrowind, Fallout 1 and 2, Silent Hill 2, Half-Life 1 and 2, Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, Icewind Dale 1 and 2, Resident Evil 2, GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas, VTM: Bloodlines, Bioshock, Thief series, Deus Ex 1 and 3, Metro 2033, Dead Island, Borderlands 1 and 2, The Banner Saga.

There are more as well but these are the ones who pop into my head first. Especially the last one; The Banner Saga, caught me off guard with its stunning visuals, music and atmosphere as well as a truly developed system for actual consequences of decisions and a completely gray moral sheet without the typical paragon or nemesis paths.

Resident Evil 3.