By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Sony have a new handheld in by mid-09?

With Cell processor inside, with graphics on pair PS3 or better.

By the end of 2009? Possible. By the end 2010 - Definetely.

If psp2 will somehow have L2 and R2 triggers + right stick, then it will easy play ALL PSone and PS2 games - That handheld will be a MUST HAVE.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network
psrock said:
the psp is the most successful failure. ever

its not a failure in the least, Sony managed to do what so many othermanaged to do in the handheld market, take market from Nintendo without giving up (see ngage as nokia isnt a small company and gave up vs Nintendo).

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Well ,the PSP is selling software according its userbase compared to the DS .From the last data I have seen (EA reports for the quarter ,UK data ) it seems the PSP is not very different in software sales to other handheld  plattforms .If the userbase is half it sells half and if the userbase is 1/3 it sells one third .The DS is making a killing in hardware sales and we dont see too often DS games other than BT in the Top Ten .

Second ,hand held machines sell less software that dedicated home consoles .

That being said ,I think the PSP is doing good in hardware (somewhat undertracked in Europe ,theres NO WAY the 360 would be near it here ) it could definitely do better in software sales .

Sony could adress with a PSP two some of the flaws of the machine .Second analog controller ,touch screen and some sort of stylus of sorts ,better battery life and specially make it really really hard to pirate .Once this managed they could launch a second PSP ....but the question is when ?

Well ,the PSP is now in its fourth year ,and after usual cycles it should remain in the market for at least one more year (nearly two years then ,2008 and 2009 ) .It has some very good software for this 2008 (God of War ,Patapon ,Wipeout Pulse just launched ,and has for later FF VII Crisis Core ,Buzz ! ,Eco Chrome ,Secret Agent Clank ,Lego Indiana Jones ,Everybodys Golf Portable II ,Naruto ,Monster Hunter G) .2009 is trickier but it still has some big games as Final Fantasy Dissidia ,Kingdom Hearts and probably the long postponed version of Gran Turismo for the handheld ...add to that some games that Sony announce ,multiplattform titles by at least EA (who are receiving some money from the machine ) and it should do a decent 2009 too .But by end 2009 or better 2010 they should release a new version .Retrocompatibility would be appreciated thanks .

CrazzyMan said:
With Cell processor inside, with graphics on pair PS3 or better.

By the end of 2009? Possible. By the end 2010 - Definetely.

If psp2 will somehow have L2 and R2 triggers + right stick, then it will easy play ALL PSone and PS2 games - That handheld will be a MUST HAVE.

even I have to give a giant LOL

yes it will be running the mini-cell processor but 3 SPEs vs 7 SPEs =/= the PS3's graphics.

it will have a right thumb stick. And maybe just 2 more face buttons like a hexigon and diamond or something to make up for no r2/l2

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

i was joking, come on i live in Brooklyn ny and i see one everywhere i go. Its very popular, just not as popular as the ds.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

@ssj12, read about Cell future, it will have QUAD core processors, that means 4 Cells CPU on 1 Core.

witrh 32nm or even less, it`s very possible.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

ssj12 said:
psrock said:

its not a failure in the least, Sony managed to do what so many othermanaged to do in the handheld market, take market from Nintendo without giving up (see ngage as nokia isnt a small company and gave up vs Nintendo).

How did Sony take market from Nintendo? What numbers are you using?

fkusumot said:
ssj12 said:
psrock said:

How did Sony take market from Nintendo? What numbers are you using?

The vgchartz numbers on the front page.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

While they might technically be able to cram a mini-cell into a handheld, they would have to charge $300-$400 for it, which iwould be impossible. They get flamed by a lot of people for high prices, and it was about $200 at launch. So that would be a terrible move on their part.

Though I do agree that it should have a right stick and l2/r2.

I didn't think I was making a flamewar topic--I didn't give any of my own opinion, and I was just asking a question. I don't care what happens either way.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
CrazzyMan said:
@ssj12, read about Cell future, it will have QUAD core processors, that means 4 Cells CPU on 1 Core.

witrh 32nm or even less, it`s very possible.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

crazyman you are such a winner.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY