By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sega has filed a trademark for Shenmue

brendude13 said:
NobleTeam360 said:
E3 megaton incoming? JK I'm not sure if Shenmue announcement would be considered a megaton.

NobleTeam360 said:
Megaton if it's an Xbox One exclusive. ( Or would it be? consider the 1st was on Dreamcast and the Second was on Xbox) Seeing it only on Xbox One wouldn't be that shocking) It might upset a few people though.

Hmmmm.

Yeah I pretty much said the same thing.

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
brendude13 said:
NobleTeam360 said:
E3 megaton incoming? JK I'm not sure if Shenmue announcement would be considered a megaton.

NobleTeam360 said:
Megaton if it's an Xbox One exclusive. ( Or would it be? consider the 1st was on Dreamcast and the Second was on Xbox) Seeing it only on Xbox One wouldn't be that shocking) It might upset a few people though.

Hmmmm.

Yeah I pretty much said the same thing.

Wouldn't be suprising http://metro.co.uk/2014/04/01/phil-spencer-is-new-xbox-boss-says-shenmue-iii-is-most-requested-game-4684870/

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
disolitude said:
Shenmue Infinite Runner for iOS inbound.

Can't wait...

Haha...sorry.

But think about it, that is absolutely the best case scenario. 

1. Sega does what Sega has been doing for the last 10 years and they butcher shenmue 3, making everyone ridicule Sega and Shenmue, much like they do for every botched attempted reboot

2. Sega pulls off a miracle and makes Shenmue a decent game, but the hardcore fanboys are not pleased as it didn't live up to their impossible expectations and they give the game a bad name. Godfather 3 syndrome...

3. Sega makes a derivative Shenmue game, on a platform that no one really cares about and world keeps on spinning as usual

disolitude said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
disolitude said:

Can't wait...

Haha...sorry.

1. Sega does what Sega has been doing for the last 10 years and they butcher shenmue 3, making everyone ridicule Sega and Shenmue, much like they do for every botched attempted reboot

2. Sega pulls off a miracle and makes Shenmue a decent game, but the hardcore fanboys are not pleased as it didn't live up to their impossible expectations and they give the game a bad name. Godfather 3 syndrome...

3. Sega makes a derivative Shenmue game, on a platform that no one really cares about and world keeps on spinning as usual

4: Sega contracts Yu Suzuki, and allow him to finish his vision. The game turns up great. Everybody is happy. Except for the few occasional vocal ones who, anyway, complain about everything as a lifestyle.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
AZWification said:

It's probably just a Shenmue racing game!

Just doing my job!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
Hynad said:
disolitude said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
disolitude said:

Can't wait...

Haha...sorry.

4: Sega contracts Yu Suzuki, and allow him to finish his vision. The game turns up great. Everybody is happy. Except for the few occasional vocal ones who, anyway, complain about everything as a lifestyle.

As much as I'd love to see Yu Suzuki, Yuji Naka, Toshihiro Nagoshi and rest of the Sega legends unite, like in Oceans 11 movie, for one last Sega AM2 masterpiece... I'm afraid that Sega would have to invest a lot to get them up to speed with 2014 AAA game development cycle.

Yu Suzuki should do great on iphone though as that's what he's been developing for lately. 

spemanig said:
curl-6 said:

Shenmue 1 & 2 HD  collection 

Sega: 

OMGPLEASEBETHIS

(Troll of the millenia)

For PS3 and XBox 360, coming 2016. Lol. 

NobleTeam360 said:

For the gaming World as a whole, maybe. For the forums, you bet your ass!

bananaking21 said:
Shenmue 3 will release right alongside Agent.

And when Black Panther Yakuza 1 and 2 are localized for the US after Yakuza 5.