By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Super Smash Bros. League is here... well almost

TruckOSaurus said:

But seriously, if you dare critique any of it Smeags will ban you for high treason. 

This isn't a joke people, believe me I know!

~Mod Edit~

This user has been given a scary look from the moderator.

-Smeags O_O

Around the Network
Smeags said:
Rank Difference Win Lose
3 Higher +14 -2
2 Higher +12 -4
1 Higher +10 -6
Same +8 -8
1 Lower +6 -10
2 Lower +4 -12
3 Lower +2 -14

Something like that? Yeah, not completely sure about the point spread myself. @_@

@Dulfite

Well that does bring up a good point. We want to include both versions, but that'll create problems for folks who don't own both versions. Hmmm...

I got the perfect point tier!!! Should i message you it? Or put it here???

tbone51 said:

Here please. :3

HYPE!

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Smeags said:
tbone51 said:

Updating this!!!

This is what im good with Enjoy!!! Everybody put your opinions here...

IMPORTANT: Everybody starts off with 100points. Anybody can battle in their own tiers or 1-2 tiers above or below (Names arent final)

●Tier E: (0-49)

●Tier D: (50-79)

●Tier C: (80-120) *Starting Tier

●Tier B: (121-150)

●Tier A: (151-175)

●Tier S: (176-200)

●Tier X: (201-225)

How Points Work? Here you go... 

With this system its a risk/reward type of matches. Vs the same Tier Bracket fighters will be simple. Gain 5points if you win and Lose 4points if you loss.

With different Tiers (Max 2 for Balance), it works better in one's favor vs somebody with a higher tier with a better point system layout (Reward) but at the cost of a bigger chance to lose due to the difference in ranking (Risk)

⇒SAME TIER:                  5points(Win)  4points(Loss)

(*Vs Somebody Lower Tier than you)

⇒You+1Tier>Opponent: 4points(Win)  5points(Loss)

⇒You+2Tier>Opponent: 3points(Win)  6points(Loss)

(*VS. Somebody Higher Tier than you) 

⇒You+1Tier<Oppenent: 6points(Win)  3points(Loss)

⇒You+2Tier<Oppenent: 7points(Win)  2points(Loss)

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Smeags said:
tbone51 said:

This is what im good with Enjoy!!! Everybody put your opinions here...

IMPORTANT: Everybody starts off with 100points. Anybody can battle in their own tiers or 1-2 tiers above or below (Names arent final)

●Tier E: ??? (59 and Under)

●Tier D: ??? (60-89)

●Tier C: *Starter (90-110)

●Tier B: Brawler (111-125)

●Tier A: AllStar (126-150)

●Tier S: SuperStar (151-175)

●Tier X: Extreme (176-200)

(201+ for later lol)

I can work a points system out for you?

I don't think a tier system will  be needed. Points are there to determine rank (which in turn will determine who everyone can challenge) but like Slarvax said it's possible that the points distribution for wins might be to big. I'll have to run some tests.

Signature goes here!

I'm going to teach you how to play Smash Bros people. Feel grateful.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

TruckOSaurus said:
tbone51 said:
Smeags said:
tbone51 said:

I don't think a tier system will  be needed. Points are there to determine rank (which in turn will determine who everyone can challenge) but like Slarvax said it's possible that the points distribution for wins might be to big. I'll have to run some tests.

Its your ruling!!! But then having only possibly fighting 6 people only is tough?

Personally with tiers it be easier to categorize everybody in groups (of 5-15) then do rankings (1-100+). 

Vs people in your tier would be Ex: Win 5points+   Lose: 3points-

Then with you vs a person with 1 tier ahead of you it be something like (You) Win: 6points+  Lose: 2points- and your opponent Win: 4points+  Lose 4points- (for balance)

With rankings you have a limited amount (6 in this case) of people you fight!!! With tiers you have X amount of fighters and X amount of Tier+1 fighters to battle!!! 

MK uses a very similar style just adding rankings! Also 1st place here can only vs 2nd-4th :-/ We kno i cant wait for that :P

Awesome, cant wait to get owned by everyone until Im out of points... can I go into negative points??

Well Hear is my idea simplified with Tier System + How to deal with points. If you guys like let me kno. After testing it out this seems like the best + most faired imo. Anywayz...

IMPORTANT: 100points start off for all starting players. You can only vs somebody in your own Tier or 1-2 Tiers Above/Below Yourself!

★ TIER RANKING SYSTEM ★

●Tier E: (0-49)
●Tier D: (50-79)
●Tier C: (80-120) [*Starting]
●Tier B: (121-150)
●Tier A: (151-175)
●Tier S: (176-200)
●Tier X: (201-225)

★ POINT GAIN/LOSS SYSTEM ★

⇒SAME TIER:                  5points(Win)  4points(Loss)

⇒You+1Tier>Opponent: 4points(Win)  5points(Loss)         ⇒You+1Tier<Oppenent: 6points(Win)  3points(Loss)
⇒You+2Tier>Opponent: 3points(Win)  6points(Loss)         ⇒You+2Tier<Oppenent: 7points(Win)  2points(Loss)

With this system its a risk/reward type of matches. Vs the same Tier Bracket fighters will be simple. Gain 5points if you win and Lose 4points if you loss.

With different Tiers (Max 2 for Balance), it works better in one's favor vs somebody with a higher tier with a better point system layout (Reward) but at the cost of a bigger chance to lose due to the difference in ranking (Risk)

Opinions?