By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Iwata about to lose his job?

What's going to happen?

Iwata is out 92 37.25%

Miyamoto will take over 29 11.74%

Maybe a Pokemon MMO will ... 64 25.91%

Don Mattrick needs a job 61 24.70%

Total:246

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

thing is who at Nintendo would replace him that wouldn't be put under pressure (and want to perform) into going games for mobile phones.

This is were this disaster will lead to.

I hope they don't fire him. I don't want to pay extra money to see Mario jump a little higher on my Samsung Galaxy.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

I fear for the future, and Iwata must do for his job.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

You know who will be the very best? Sakurai! He's awesome, he is a very known public face (at least in Japan. He has weekly articles in famitsu!), and he's open with other devs, games and companies!

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network

Nintendo needs to totally start over and rebuild. Vote yes for change.

EricFabian said:
a question for people that want Iwata leave: who will replace him?

Someone with a thorough grasp on business, innovative technology, and video games. Someone who is also a fan of Nintendo and understands what makes Nintendo unique and values it's brands. Someone with ambitious goals for Nintendo. Someone who can build an empire from and empire. Basically, Nintendo needs Walt Disney, Steve Jobs, and young Shigeru Miyamoto all rolled into one.

Slarvax said:
You know who will be the very best? Sakurai! He's awesome, he is a very known public face (at least in Japan. He has weekly articles in famitsu!), and he's open with other devs, games and companies!

He would be my pick, but he likes making games too much to give it up.

Fusioncode said:
morenoingrato said:
When is the voting exactly?

They're voting in June. Not sure the exact date. 

I know its after E3 at least.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

RolStoppable said:
Slarvax said:

Hmm... Maybe Miyamoto? But I don't think he is/will be a good CEO. I don't see him as a leader.

Iwata's apprentice, or a long time game developer (Aonuma and MK's head of dev team comes to mind) are what I believe should be the next CEO of Nintendo. But what do I know, I'm just a guy

Miyamoto is pretty much Mother Brain behind the 3DS and Wii U, so you are right, he wouldn't be a good leader. He is too emotionally invested to make rational business decisions.

Iwata was selected by Yamauchi, because Iwata had already proven that he possessed the necessary business skills. Bringing in someone from outside of Nintendo would basically be a suicide move. Big Japanese video game publishers like Square-Enix, Capcom and Konami have gotten themselves into even bigger trouble than Nintendo. Western publishers are led by people who do not really understand video games and milk IPs until they are dry. Chances are that any outsider would destroy Nintendo within three years by putting games on smartphones and other moves to devalue Nintendo IPs.

Agreed. He did a good job with DS, Wii and even 3DS, after a tough start. People credit DS to Yamauchi, who had the idea, but it was Iwata making the decisions during that time.

The wrong person can be much worst. I mean, Sony was a 100 Billion company once, until Nobuyuki Idei.