By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN's Top 100 Games of the 7th Generation (In Progress)

Loz SS sooo low?!

this list is just...........SHOCKING.

Around the Network

Whoever compiled this list must have hit their head in the morning on their way to work.

#82. Halo 3 is just absurd.

soulfly666 said:

I don't understand...If their site gave a game a 10 score how can it be behind non-10 scored games in their own best of ???

It's sort of admiting they overrated it.

On the other hand you can bet we'll see games they originally underrated like Mirror's Edge or Nier.

I know it'll never happen but I wish they would put Uncharted 3 in the top 5 instead of 2. I've gone back and replayed them both numerous times (I keep very few games after beating/platinuming them and replay the ones I do keep at least once a year or so) and I just ALWAYS come away thinking 3 is the more fun game. Aside from smoother gameplay (and throwing back grenades is really nice) I just like the set-pieces and story better. There's no debate the final boss and villain are better in 3 and I would argue the story as well. I love 2 as well and it deserves top 15 but seriously 3 just had the misfortune of coming after 2 and being judged harshly based on being a sequel to a GREAT game. I feel like if people had played it first they would like it more.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Let me guess, The Last of Us is going to be 1? It may be one of the most overrated games ever. Right up there with Ocarina of Time.

Twilight Princess better be top 25.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

Around the Network
platformmaster918 said:
I know it'll never happen but I wish they would put Uncharted 3 in the top 5 instead of 2. I've gone back and replayed them both numerous times (I keep very few games after beating/platinuming them and replay the ones I do keep at least once a year or so) and I just ALWAYS come away thinking 3 is the more fun game. Aside from smoother gameplay (and throwing back grenades is really nice) I just like the set-pieces and story better. There's no debate the final boss and villain are better in 3 and I would argue the story as well. I love 2 as well and it deserves top 15 but seriously 3 just had the misfortune of coming after 2 and being judged harshly based on being a sequel to a GREAT game. I feel like if people had played it first they would like it more.

There's debate, though. Villain and final boss is much better on the second game.

Wright said:
platformmaster918 said:

There's debate, though. Villain and final boss is much better on the second game.

Do you really think that or are you just playing devil's advocate?

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

platformmaster918 said:

Well, IGN did give 3 a higher score. A perfect 10, in fact. Which means the game will miss the top 100 entirely :P

platformmaster918 said:
Wright said:

I really think that. The only thing missing in 2's final setpiece is Sullivan screaming at Nathan, which did happen on the third game.

Wright said:
platformmaster918 said:
Wright said:

I really think that. The only thing missing in 2's final setpiece is Sullivan screaming at Nathan, which did happen on the third game.

huh...well ok that's the first time I've heard that.  I just prefer silent brooding and sinisterness over yelling villains.  To me Zoran was the weak point of 2 and by final boss I mean the tree section vs. the knife fight not the bridge collapse and protecting Elena and all that.

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers