By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Godzilla '14: Good, But Sadly Disappointing (Spoilers, Duh)

JerCotter7 said:
curl-6 said:
JerCotter7 said:

They also don't care that a nuke doesn't give off radiation before it has detonated so they also stuffed that in the movie.

For all we know they have some other sense for locating nuclear material. It's a giant monster movie, virtually anything goes when it comes to the monster's capabilities, hence Godzilla's atomic heat ray, which isn't exactly biologically plausible, but is still awesome.

But even so a nuke isn't actually nuclear until it has a reaction. It's well established in the movie that they monsters feed off radiation. The bomb had no radiation. It would only have ratiation after it exploded. The MUTO also had no idea it was going to detonate otherwise it wouldn't have put the bomb into it's nest. It's a giant plot hole. Well one of many but the others are easier to overlook.

It would still contain fissionable material for them to feed on.

Around the Network

umm, bombs have radiactive material in them, like uranium.

I pretty much agree with the OP, although I haven't seen any other Godzilla movies besides the 1997 Hollywood one.

Also, way too many cliches and buff American marines.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

curl-6 said:
foodfather said:
curl-6 said:
foodfather said:
Godzilla barely has 5 minutes of relevant screen time. 

Not true. 

According to IMDb there are over 300 effects shots of Godzilla; for him to be on screen for 5 mins, the average shot would have to be under a second, which is clearly not the case.

It clearly is the case.

Close ups of flares dropping next to Godzilla, shots of Godzilla fins underwater, shots of Godzilla tail, shots of Godzilla though helicopter news reports does not count as relevant screen time. 

The only time you get a good look at Godzilla, is the 2 minute sequence on the bridge and the 3 minute fight scene at the end. The only other time you get a good look at Godzilla, is after he ''wakes up'' from fainting and the couple of time you see Godzilla roar into the camera (nothing more than trailer shots). Its probably even less that five miniutes with the constant cutting to kick ass or olsen. 

"3 minute fight"? Uh, you must have dozed off man, cos it was a lot more than three minutes.

This was the most stupid and totally bllocks film in the last 5-6 years! Nothing in this film made any sense! You wanna watch a good monster movie then watch Pacific Rim!

My god most of you clearly have no clue how a typical Godzilla movie works.

This was a fantastic Godzilla movie.

There is always a strong human element and not 50/50 Godzilla. Sure, more focus on the big fights would have been better, but what was shown was great as is.

There is almost always a strong military talk/push. Of course now its fun to be anti-American since most good movies are Hollywood and of course have big American PR. We get it. You're tired of Hollywood depiction of US military. oh well. Deal with it or push your nation to have a better film industry. As for a Godzilla film, especially one where Godzilla is unknown, there is definitely going to be big cock military talk about plans to kill him. Of course it all fails horribly as you simply can't do that to Godzilla. Biggest reason why this movie destroys the '98 film. Aside from this one actually looking/acting like Godzilla.

Its a fantasy monster movie. The first one had a weapon that made oxygen into a weapon of mass destruction. Others have had freeze rays and tons of fantasy sci-fi BS. ITS NOT GOING TO MAKE PERFECT SCIENTIFIC SENSE. If you wan that, than stick to Discovery channel movies on dinosaurs. Go watch Cosmos. I want my fantasy/sci-fi Godzilla adventures! I mean an animal can create atomic fire/laser from its lighted back fin/bones for christ sake! How "real" is that? Did you cry foul when Smaug breathed fire too? or when a "elf" could nimbly move up a giant elephant and kill it with a few well placed arrows? wtf.

And all of you obviously Oscar voting motherfuckers talking about acting and darkened environment... oh my fucking god. GODZILLA WILL NEVER BE AN OSCAR WORTHY MOVIE!! Have you literally never watched a monster flick?

This was about taking a Japanese IP that has a very long and widely respected history and lore and recreating that with a modern technological approach. It was done VERY well. It is a great Godzilla movie and I can't wait to watch it again. It has also created a large new set of Godzilla fans from the multitude of kids who went and watched it. I love that.

Its just all you arm-chair big time movie critics looking for the next schindler's list that have issues.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
JerCotter7 said:
curl-6 said:
JerCotter7 said:

They also don't care that a nuke doesn't give off radiation before it has detonated so they also stuffed that in the movie.

For all we know they have some other sense for locating nuclear material. It's a giant monster movie, virtually anything goes when it comes to the monster's capabilities, hence Godzilla's atomic heat ray, which isn't exactly biologically plausible, but is still awesome.

But even so a nuke isn't actually nuclear until it has a reaction. It's well established in the movie that they monsters feed off radiation. The bomb had no radiation. It would only have ratiation after it exploded. The MUTO also had no idea it was going to detonate otherwise it wouldn't have put the bomb into it's nest. It's a giant plot hole. Well one of many but the others are easier to overlook.

But they fed on radiation. Not fissionable materials. The movie clearly stated this. It's a nitpick I know but it really was an annoying plothole.

Putin said:
umm, bombs have radiactive material in them, like uranium.

And so is a banana. No way they would have been able to feed that nest off that much uranium.

Ashadian said:
curl-6 said:

"3 minute fight"? Uh, you must have dozed off man, cos it was a lot more than three minutes.

This was the most stupid and totally bllocks film in the last 5-6 years! Nothing in this film made any sense! You wanna watch a good monster movie then watch Pacific Rim!

You're entitled to your opinion, but I'm going to take a wild guess and say you're not familiar wirth the Godzilla series.

JerCotter7 said:
curl-6 said:
JerCotter7 said:

But they fed on radiation. Not fissionable materials. The movie clearly stated this. It's a nitpick I know but it really was an annoying plothole.

curl-6 said:
JerCotter7 said:

curl-6 said

Because that is just making shit up yourself to make a terrible plot make sense. It was a plot hole. Don't need to defend it so much. I actually enjoyed the movie but I can take it for what it is. That part of the plot just really bugged me. 

JerCotter7 said:

Because that is just making shit up yourself to make a terrible plot make sense. It was a plot hole. Don't need to defend it so much. I actually enjoyed the movie but I can take it for what it is. That part of the plot just really bugged me. 

If you're applying strict scientific logic to a giant monster movie, you're barking up the wrong tree in the first place; creatures like Godzilla and the Mutos couldn't even support their own weight on land realistically speaking.