By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 Lacks Racial Diversity Says Reviewer (Update)

badgenome said:
adriane23 said:
As a black man, this really does anger me. I mean seriously Nintendo, there isn't one single Asian in that cast.

Check again.

Just because he has giant glasses and tiny eyes doesn't make him asian. How dare you be so callous about racial stereotypes Badgenome.

Besides, he's obviously Salvadorian. Just look at that hair cut.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
Badat said:

Thats not Marvel, thats Fox who has the rights to the Fantastic 4. None of the series Marvel holds the rights too have been changed from thier origins.

I don't follow comics, but there always seems to be a big story that they've replaced Spiderman with a black Hispanic kid or turned Shatterstar gay or whatever. I don't know how they do it so maybe they're not reconning it exactly, but it amounts to the same thing.

Thats the Ultimate Comics, and they killed the original Spiderman before they replaced him. The reason its a big deal is cause they've done it really well, fox on the other hand is changing Johnny storm who is white to black in there new Fantastic 4 movie.

adriane23 said:
badgenome said:
adriane23 said:
As a black man, this really does anger me. I mean seriously Nintendo, there isn't one single Asian in that cast.

Check again.

Just because he has giant glasses and tiny eyes doesn't make him asian. How dare you be so callous about racial stereotypes Badgenome.

For all we know, Yoshi may be Brazilian, Koopa Troopa may be Korean, Toad may be African, and Shy Guy may be Danish.

adriane23 said:
badgenome said:
adriane23 said:

Check again.

But he is yellow?!

Japan loves white people.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
adriane23 said:

But he is yellow?!

He has jaundice you insensitive man!

noname2200 said:
walsufnir said:
adriane23 said:

But he is yellow?!

He has jaundice you insensitive man!

Oh no, the poor guy is ill and has to race?! Nintendo is even worse! Racist and letting ill drivers out to Toad and plumbers!

We aren't annoyed or even bothered because he has an opinion. We are just annoyed because it's a stupid one.

NightDragon83 said:
animegaming said:
5 bucks says he will have the same complaint in his smash bros 4 review

Smash is even more diverse, it actually has a black character in its roster...

this character for some reason is just a sterotype black man and cause of that i have to give smash bros 4 a -10.5 out of 10

You never know what race is under that Shyguy mask lol.

This is just stupid, most of the characters aren't even human.