By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Preorder bonuses: Yay or Nay?

Yay or Nay?

Yay 23 33.82%

Nay 38 55.88%

See results 7 10.29%

Total:68

No. Why should someone receive exclusive content because they bought a game day one when they don't even know how the game plays.

Give them a keyring or something instead.

Around the Network

It depends on the bonuses themselves, but usually "Nay" since I don't pre-order games.

Only care about physical bonuses, CEs, limited first print box sets, things like art books, soundtracks, cloth maps, posters, etc.

Give exactly 0 fux about digital items. My Post Pandemic edition of The Last of Us is going for like $600 now?

What's an extra "outfit" in Infamous Second Son worth?

Yeah.

I hate digital bonuses.  Oh a costume! Oh a unique gun that will be worthless 2 hours into the game!  No. 

Yes, as long as it doesnt impact on the gameplay or competitve aspect of the game...

Kool skin are kool.

RIP ps3, xbox360.

welcome home ps4 and X1

Richard_Feynman said:
Ruined the first 15 hours of Dark Souls 2 for me.

How? The weapons are weak, you get them in game anyways and you could just not enter the codes! I call bs

Around the Network
bubblegamer said:
Richard_Feynman said:

How? The weapons are weak, you get them in game anyways and you could just not enter the codes! I call bs

Agreed. Those "pre-order" weapons were painfully horrible.

As long as there's not one for each store you can preorder it in and as long as they're also released later through DLC (if the bonus is in-game content), I have no problem with them.

Sure why not, it's just extra stuff I get if I decide the game is good enough for a preorder.

Case by case basis. Shit like multiplayer ruining 10x xp pass and game breaking weapon, not good. Exclusive skins or some insignificant thing, sure.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

bubblegamer said:
Richard_Feynman said:

I should've said /jk

apologies, but I thought the "15 hours" made that obvious