By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Preorder bonuses: Yay or Nay?

Yay or Nay?

Yay 23 33.82%

Nay 38 55.88%

See results 7 10.29%

Total:68

Ruined the first 15 hours of Dark Souls 2 for me.

Around the Network

I'm fine with it. Reward the people who pay full price for your game. I'm saying that as someone who rarely pays full price, too.

I'm more inclined to trade in games with pre-order bonuses, day 1 DLC etc, retailer specific content. The disc is not complete anyway, so might as well get at least half my money back for the next purchase.

pokoko said:
I'm fine with it. Reward the people who pay full price for your game. I'm saying that as someone who rarely pays full price, too.

That's actually a pretty good point. More and more people are getting games through digital sales where they can be more than half off just a couple of months after they come out, so if it lets them sell at full price and make more of a profit then it could be beneficial for all involved, since the publisher makes money while rewarding loyal customers, while those who get it on sale still get to play the full game, just may not have access to some (usually) vanity items.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

poklane said:
StarOcean said:
Nay. Sometimes different regions get better pre-order bonuses than others...

Or some stores get exclusive Pre-order bonusses. Gamestop had Ghost (MW2 character) as a pre-order bonus for Ghosts, and Activsion just put it on sale (paid obviously) on Xbox, FFS!!!

Havent dealt with that sort of thing yet. But I could see that easily being super frustrating x~x though I think pre-order bonuses are here to stay 

Around the Network

Nay.

Never cared for them. I do pre-order games, but its only so I can assure myself a copy, the actual bonus is w/e to me.

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

I say nay, even though I preorder nearly every game I want but I don't think people that maybe are a little broke or want to wait for the game to be cheaper should miss out on content.

If it's software, then nay. If it's some nick nack thing then yay.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Nay. I rarely preorder games cause I don't think they are worth $60 and they usually are quite glitchy.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54