By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - April 2014 NPD Thread!

These numbers are not looking good ... Ben wasn't lying when he was shouting doom at the whole industry. If the PS4 can't get around 250K then it's future may become extremely troubling for it. We need the PS4 to shine in the darkest moments of gaming to see the gaming industry survive another day to fight off the decline.

Around the Network

PS4 is ~199k (Congrats Rol, you can now sleep and dream happy dreams)
WiiU is ~ 49k

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

DonFerrari said:
Euphoria14 said:
HW
~0.42
~1.73

TF X1 ~ 77k
SS ~ 82k

0.42 and 1.73 of what for what?

WiiU = 0.42 of XBone sales

PS4 = 1.73 of XBone sales

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
HW
~0.42
~1.73

TF X1 ~ 77k
SS ~ 82k

So apparently Wii U: ~48k

PS4: 199k

Also 55% of X1s sold were Titanfall bundles, so Titanfall sold about 140k altogether in April.

Euphoria14 said:
HW
~0.42
~1.73

TF X1 ~ 77k
SS ~ 82k

So, around 198-200k for PS4 (1.73 ratio over XBO). People insist the number is bad, to me is decent.

I've read in GAF that TF bundles are 55% of XBO sales, so around 63k, plus 77k, around 140k total sales.... not bad.

Around the Network

I'm generally surprised the WiiU was undertracked, even if it was only by 2k. Ps4 overtracked by 13k

Titanfall undertracked in the US lifetime by over 200k.

fatslob-:O said:
These numbers are not looking good ... Ben wasn't lying when he was shouting doom at the whole industry. If the PS4 can't get around 250K then it's future may become extremely troubling for it. We need the PS4 to shine in the darkest moments of gaming to see the gaming industry survive another day to fight off the decline.

Well Ben did say that PS4 May is already trending better than April was. So there's that...

think-man said:
I'm generally surprised the WiiU was undertracked, even if it was only by 2k. Ps4 overtracked by 13k

We can put those in the realm of statistical errors, it's the X1 that's just tracked headscratchingly bad this month.

Ooooh 1002 Infamous bundles were sold.