By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - People have been more satisfied with the Xbox 360 than the PS3 so are less inclined to upgrade - one of Yusuf Mehdi's opinions on sales gap

Around the Network

They are right about xbox 360 users being satisfied and are less inclined to upgrade however their wrong about using this excuse to blame the loss in sales momentum of the xbox one because of it. Xbox 360 users being more satisfied than the PS3 users also have nothing to do with the loss in sales momentum as they are also migrating more to the PS4 than the PS3 users to the xbox one.

I'm still excited for like 12 ps3 games coming out in the next 3 months ;_:, but my PS4 will have Watchdogs for it :D.

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

Ehh if only this guy, Phil Harrison, Private Nelson and Sir Don Mattrick would be on top of the Xbox division and in the media more...a man can dream...

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

kirby007 said:

I'll repeat 18 months - 2 years earlier on the market

Isn't it 12 to 18 month? (1 year in the US, 1.5 in the EU).

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
VanceIX said:
sales2099 said:

Actually they are....unless they are selling more then the 360 Titanfall?

Keep in mind 360 is 9 years old and it has a more buzz worthy 2014 game then its 8 year old competition.

Really? The amount of buzz the 360's version of Titanfall was almost nonexistent since Microsoft was too busy tring to make the One version look like the only version.

In your book, if games don't sell as much, they are automatically niche? Does that make Dark Souls 2 niche cause that sure as hell didn't sell as much as Titanfall. 

Overall, the PS3 is selling more even now and it also will finish with the most software sales at the end of the year. Microsoft had one good game planned, what's left? Their support for the 360 is nonexistent, and it is showing in sales. 

I'll repeat 18 months - 2 years earlier on the market

Less than that in the US. Still, he's saying that the 360 has more support so it had more customer satisfaction, when that simply isn't true. 

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

sales2099 said:

100% agree. Playing Titanfall every chance I get and enjoying my free games for gold (downloading Saints Row 3 in a couple days which I never played).

I wouldn't put much stock in a program that didn't last too long. Just saying in 2014, not any years prior, 2014, 360 has Titanfall and PS3 has what....some super niche Japanese titles?

I guess it's a matter of preference which of the 2 has better upcoming games:

PS3

Helldivers

LittleBigPlanet HUB

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Remix

Persona 5

Tales of Xillia 2

Tales of Zestiria

Xbox 360

Titanfall (already out)

Project Spark

PS Plus (if you sign up in may):

Uncharted 3

Payday 2

Remember Me

LittleBigPlanet Karting

Puppeteer

PES 2014

etc: http://us.playstation.com/playstation-plus/

XBL Gold (if you sign up in may):

Dust: An Elysian Tail

Saints Row: The Third

sales2099 said:
generic-user-1 said:
sales2099 said:
100% agree. Playing Titanfall every chance I get and enjoying my free games for gold (downloading Saints Row 3 in a couple days which I never played).

2015 when Halo 5 comes out might be a great time to upgrade.

who cares about free games if u can get those games dirt cheap... u could buy saints row 3 yesterday for 1$...

ok no. Would go for at least $10 used. Free is always better. And convienent too.

hm i paid 6,70$ for a a lot of games. and it has gone all to charity...  u could pay just 1$ for

• Sacred 2: Gold Edition
  • Risen 2
  • Saints Row 2
  • Saints Row: The Third

humble bundle is the way the pc masterrace gets cheap games.

pc gaming is just cheaper and has better quality...

I called this before launch and everyone said I was a fanboy.
Yusuf Medhi agrees.
There was no reason to get an x1 when the desire for kinect was already satisfied by a console that was half the price. Of course, he says it in a business way to make it seem positive, but the truth of it is that they were trying to sell something that another product already did more than well enough for a much lower price entry.
That's like trying to sell the playstation move console bundle right in the middle of wii's domination.

Mike_L said:

sales2099 said:

I wouldn't put much stock in a program that didn't last too long. Just saying in 2014, not any years prior, 2014, 360 has Titanfall and PS3 has what....some super niche Japanese titles?

I guess it's a matter of preference which of the 2 has better upcoming games:

PS4

Helldivers

LittleBigPlanet HUB

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Remix

Persona 4

Tales of Xillia 2

Tales of Zestiria

Xbox 360

Titanfall (already out)

Project Spark

PS Plus (if you sign up in may):

Uncharted 3

Payday 2

Remember Me

LittleBigPlanet Karting

Puppeteer

PES 2014

etc: http://us.playstation.com/playstation-plus/

Gold (if you sign up in may):

Dust: An Elysian Tail

Saints Row: The Third

I think you mean PS3, not PS4 :)

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC