By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox one will catch up soon with PS4 and then outsell it in the USA

eva01beserk said:
prinz_valium said:
eva01beserk said:
I thought this threat would have been closed after the x1 embarasing SKU launch results. The x1 will be lucky to reach the original xboxs numbers.

why didnt the ps3 sold ony 30m in that case?

turnaround are impossible?

great logic

Because the ps3 had to many advantages

more power.

more exclusive. stronger first party.

more brand recognition.

The x1 has 0 advantages this gen. the only unknown was the cloud, but MS already said that is just dedicated servers and wont improve the gaming expirience. if you can think of any advantage MS has so in the future it can use to pull ahead, please tell me.

more power? thought they were equal with an slightly advatange for the xbox 360

more exclusives? right now ms is pushing hard at this point. and if the keep falling behind ps4, they probably have to do it even more, to be the "second console" for exclusive stuff like ps3 last gen.

brand recognition is not bad for xbox in the usa after the 360

and we dont know about the next big thing.

cortana could be an advantage for xbox one

universal windows apps could be an advantage for xbox one

even the cloud bullshit could be an advantage in 3 or 4 years

i dont say ur cant become true. but its not a given fact. and the xbox one is not lost right now

Around the Network
prinz_valium said:
eva01beserk said:
prinz_valium said:

why didnt the ps3 sold ony 30m in that case?

turnaround are impossible?

great logic

Because the ps3 had to many advantages

more power.

more exclusive. stronger first party.

more brand recognition.

The x1 has 0 advantages this gen. the only unknown was the cloud, but MS already said that is just dedicated servers and wont improve the gaming expirience. if you can think of any advantage MS has so in the future it can use to pull ahead, please tell me.

more exclusives? right now ms is pushing hard at this point. and if the keep falling behind ps4, they probably have to do it even more, to be the "second console" for exclusive stuff like ps3 last gen.

i dont say ur cant become true. but its not a given fact. and the xbox one is not lost right now

I thought you were going to be serious with your response after you asked me to use logic.

everybody knows the 360 was weak. it pulled ahead in multyplats only because it was easy to develope for. but when sony used their studios their ips put to shame anything on the 360.

And your response to the exclusives is"MS are getting their asses kicked so the will try harder....maybe.....in the future." This was just the sadest response ive seen in a while. If your happy beliving this, ill give it to you.

You do realise that if brand name cant leave the home country it is useles. All over the world the xbox brand is consider inferior to the ps, cuz outside of the us shooter are not the craze that drove 360 sales. People put games to a company and while sony has so many diferent games, all people can assosiate Halo to the xbox, not enough.If it cant stand worldwide the system will fail. Even in the US its guetting is assed kicked. Just know that most developers are not in the US, and in their countrys the x1 is failing and they wont develope for a console that is not used in their territory.

and all thouse thing you are hoping MS is has an ace in the hole. This is just admting that the x1 is inferior and needs something. Its ace was kinect and it failed so is being removed and even after that people dont want it. The ps3 did not get an ace in the hole to pulle out of its hole, it developed a wide variety of games witch sony is known for and pricedrop and then it pulled ahead worldwide.

The only thing MS can do is expand their 1st party studios and bring exclusives to the contest. Or buy exclusivity as they have done before, but now as they are falling behind its gona be to expensive. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

prinz_valium said:

uhm.. ps3 was more powerful than xbox.  xbox was just easier to develop for.  1st party showed what each machine was capable..

if you go brand recognition, ps wins.  they've been in the US alot longer.. the 360 was known only as the dudebro console because they had mostly shooters.  yes, in the US, there is a big dudebro shooter crowd, but it seems many have shifted over to the ps4 with the new gen console.  look at COD & BF sales numbers... they're selling about the same now on the ps4 and x1.. look at console sales in the US.. the one with more consoles, will eventually be more gamers.  also, there is no brand loyalty.  people get the best bang for their buck, which currently is the ps4.

cortana?  relevant to gaming how?  if anything.. that's just more stuff that the xbox is fine without.  seriously are gamers planning on using a box set console as a smartphone?  having a console assitant to do what exactly?

universal windows apps?  more bloatware type apps that doesn't add anything to the xbox unless you are wanting it to be a $400 pc that will underperform against a $400 pc.

and cloud.. yes, dedicated servers.  something that every console company can replicate themselves without needing to hype with something about 300,000  servers that only controls AI fodder that aren't even intelligent by any means.

the xbox is not lost.. but they have lots of ground to make up... they gotta gain back the public trust, stick to a vision, focus on games (creating new ips) , and refocus back onto the core gamers that made up the 360 community.

Man.. I hate it when your girl has to leave my place to come back to you..

double post.. deleted.

Man.. I hate it when your girl has to leave my place to come back to you..

Can't wait for next week to prove all haters wrong
AGAIN

Around the Network
TheDrill said:
AGAIN

When did you prove them wrong the first time?

TheDrill said:
BillyBong said:
TheDrill said:
Only first ,week, when X1 gets more exclusive it will sell more than PS4.

when has xbox ever get more exclusives?  they exhaust themselves and their fanbase so often because of their lack of killer exclusives.  or are you implying more halo, more forza, more gears of war, and more fable?  it's going to be a long console gen.

Halo Mario will prove once again that it can sell systems, doesn't matter how  good it is, the name will sell.

Fixed.

GG Drill.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Leadified said:
TheDrill said:
AGAIN

When did you prove them wrong the first time?

Super curious to when when was this

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

I think what he meant was can't wait for next week (again!) to hopefully be right this time.

Cuz the last several weeks have all been a bust.

DrDoomz said:
I think what he meant was can't wait for next week (again!) to hopefully be right this time.

Cuz the last several weeks have all been a bust.

That means that all that has happened is we're going full circle to his OP, in other words we would have a total displacement of 0.