By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox one will catch up soon with PS4 and then outsell it in the USA

TheDrill said:
BillyBong said:
TheDrill said:
Only first ,week, when X1 gets more exclusive it will sell more than PS4.

when has xbox ever get more exclusives?  they exhaust themselves and their fanbase so often because of their lack of killer exclusives.  or are you implying more halo, more forza, more gears of war, and more fable?  it's going to be a long console gen.

Halo will prove once again that it can sell systems, doesn't matter how  good it is, the name will sell.

lol.. enjoy Halo 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, & 10.  seems to me that and gears of war 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and forza 6, 7, 8, 9 and horizon 3, 4, 5, 6 are the only thing that sells and is worth talking about in the xbox community.  makes it sad that gamers like you will accept that from MS lying down..

Man.. I hate it when your girl has to leave my place to come back to you..

Around the Network

Not to mention, the thread is about "USA" and in the recent data shown this week, X1 still lost USA. It was when they grouped it together for North America, only then did it get a narrow 1k win.

Aura7541 said:

Wow... a 1k lead which may or may not be smaller than that considering VGC's inaccuracies. So, the launch of the new SKU only resulted in a virtual tie with its competitor. Considering that all SKUs sell the most at their respective launches, this is bad. While PS4's strongest exclusives are in 2015, their 2014 lineup is nothing to sneeze at, especially when its games are evenly spread out:

The Last of Us Remastered (July)
Natural Doctrine (Cross-PS) (September)
Driveclub (October)
Little Big Planet 3 (PS3 & PS4) (Nobember)
Guilty Gears Xrd -SIGN- (Holidays 2014)
Planetside 2 (TBD 2014)

And this is with a bunch of indies to fill the gaps and Destiny, where Sony has exclusive advertising rights to the game and a white PS4 bundle.

If they have exclusive advertising rights to GTA5 and a bundle to go with it ... Thread closed.

The PS5 Exists. 

I'm pretty sure those who wanted an X1 for Halo already has one.

only fanboys will get xboxone , and they are in USA , but still not match vs sony fans ,new ps4 owners and migrates from others consoles

Around the Network

I thought this threat would have been closed after the x1 embarasing SKU launch results. The x1 will be lucky to reach the original xboxs numbers.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
I thought this threat would have been closed after the x1 embarasing SKU launch results. The x1 will be lucky to reach the original xboxs numbers.

why didnt the ps3 sold ony 30m in that case?

turnaround are impossible?

great logic

prinz_valium said:
eva01beserk said:

why didnt the ps3 sold ony 30m in that case?

turnaround are impossible?

great logic

Because the ps3 had to many advantages

more power.

more exclusive. stronger first party.

more brand recognition.

The x1 has 0 advantages this gen. the only unknown was the cloud, but MS already said that is just dedicated servers and wont improve the gaming expirience. if you can think of any advantage MS has so in the future it can use to pull ahead, please tell me.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

TheDrill said:

Halo will prove once again that it can sell systems, doesn't matter how  good it is, the name will sell.

You need new IPs, too. Relying on the same franchises over and over again is detrimental to the X1 and the series themselves. Look what happened with Gears of War Judgement and God of War Ascension. Perfect examples of franchise fatigue. MS can't just release Halo 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9. The overall quality will suffer immensely and less people will buy Halo consequently leading to less hardware moved out. However, MS can't afford to leave such large gaps between big games. This is where new IPs and indies are very important: to keep the players happy until the next big thing.

The problem with the X1 is that the Xbox community tends to not care so much about new IPs, as seen from the reception of The Lost Odyssey and Alan Wake, for example. The diversity of the 360 library suffered as a consequence of this and Alan Wake eventually got released on PC. While Sunset Overdrive looks unique, it may be easily overshadowed by the huge multiplats like COD: Advanced Warfare and Destiny. It was smart for RAD to delay The Order: 1886 to 2015 because there are already a bunch of action games coming out in the fall/holidays. It was also clever for Sony to have Driveclub and Little Big Planet 3 out this fall because those games cater to different audiences, LBP 3 especially. There is absolutely no competitor to LBP 3 from X1's side and thus, the younger and family oriented audiences are Sony's to lose this year.

Another huge flaw to your argument is that you're implying that MS will release Halo while Sony will just sit on their bums, twiddling their thumbs. Whatever big game MS will release, Sony will counter with one of theirs. Halo will be countered with Uncharted 4. Forza will be countered with Driveclub AND Gran Turismo 7. Gears will be countered with Guerilla's new open-world IP. Quantum Break will be countered with Quantic Dream's new IP. However, Sony has a lot more than just these games coming up. Media Molecule, Sony London, Guerilla Cambridge, Sony Bend, and Santa Monica Studios have yet to reveal their new games. The PS4 also has games like Rime, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, The Witness, and Without Memory coming up for the PS4 gamers to enjoy. None of the PS4's exclusives are as large as Halo, but because PS4 has more (high quality) games coming up, the combined effect will be vastly greater than that of Halo, Forza, and Gears.

TLDR: Whatever ground MS manages to make up with Halo will easily be negated and then some because the PS4 has a lot more upcoming high quality games.

I am new and writing from a small Ipone. But i dont Know how to upload Bagdad Bob from Iraki war.
Actually I love Bagdad Bob and and I think the Drill is up there !

Love you TheDrill keep it going !