By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox one will catch up soon with PS4 and then outsell it in the USA

Nicklesbe said:

greed. You are indeed the voice of reason. I think it's safe to say thisve huge implications on the OP's theory, which so far has proven to be untrue since according NPD Xb1 hasn't been able to outsell Ps4 a single week this year and that gap only seems to be increasing. This is an important Pivot point for MS, if they fail to deliver then we may be having a similar discussion this time next year of whether or not it will be possible for MS to close the gap with Wii U and eventually outsell it instead of Ps4. Which would likely be so far ahead that there would be no logical way that it could catch up in a single year. I have faith in MS tho. They will surly bring the house down and make this a tight race again. They are against the wall and if there was a time to do it that time would be now. 

Two things we know about playstation is that when they are down they fight hard to stand, but when they are leading they are impervious. With MS I never saw they turn a flop beginning in a success (og xbox, azure, bing, surface) and saw in xbox that they get complacent when leading. Without the power to buy exclusives because Sony is strongly pushing forward Ms will have a hard time. The 180 favoured Sony more than Ms, because it show sony was right from the beginning and took possible advantages from ms. They should be more clear on their vision and subzide games that show that. The way it is just seems ms drops their plan on the first signal of problem and I would be reticent on they dropping X1 as they dropped og xbox and rushed x360.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

If ms drops x1 they're done with consoles. Too many too fast killed Sega, and many people JUST bought 360s the past few years already.

Arkaign said:
If ms drops x1 they're done with consoles. Too many too fast killed Sega, and many people JUST bought 360s the past few years already.

Unlikely, MS has the money to stay in business for another 100 years, unlike Sega.

TheDrill said:
Arkaign said:

Unlikely, MS has the money to stay in business for another 100 years, unlike Sega.

That's a lame excuse to stay in business. A company should stay in business, because it's making a profit, not because their other divisions are making the cash.

Once you entered you won't be the same anymore. A blog about life.

http://seetheworlddifferent.wordpress.com/

ImmortalHelixFossil said:
TheDrill said:
Arkaign said:

That's a lame excuse to stay in business. A company should stay in business, because it's making a profit, not because their other divisions are making the cash.

This is what a lot of Xbone owners don't understand. I guess it's the Obama generation that primarily buys the Xbone.

Right now, the Xbox division is more likely to get canned than the PlayStation division. It has nothing to do with how the other divisions are doing.

Around the Network
TheDrill said:
Arkaign said:

That's a huge misconception. If the X1 fails to sell well for the next few years, then the Xbox division is going to be canned or sold to another company because it will hurt MS financially on the long run. The reason why MS is doing well is because of its other divisions and the profits of the other divisions more than makes up for the losses from the Xbox business. However, since MS is a western company, investors are going to encourage MS to sell off the Xbox.

Aura7541 said:
TheDrill said:
Arkaign said:

That's a huge misconception. If the X1 fails to sell well for the next few years, then the Xbox division is going to be canned or sold to another company because it will hurt MS financially on the long run. The reason why MS is doing well is because of its other divisions and the profits of the other divisions more than makes up for the losses from the Xbox business. However, since MS is a western company, investors are going to encourage MS to sell off the Xbox.

I don't understand why it keeps getting puppetted: "MS makes billions in profits in 2 weeks. They can absorb the losses from Xbox".

Even if I have money, I wouldn't continually invest in something that is either losing money or missing out on money. Just because I have $100 doesn't make it ok to lose $5 just because I have more than $5. If for every $100, I absorb a loss of $5 just because "it's not that much", long term, when I hit $10,000, I've lost $500. Extrapolate that to millions (or billions) of dollars. Doesn't matter if they can afford the losses...who seriously thinks losing or missing out on millions of dollars is ok?

The fact that people think it's smart to keep a division that's gonna not make or lose money just because other divisions can make up for those losses is kinda mind numbing. If I'm selling Snickers and Twix, and Twix barely sells anything and Snickers sells a buttload....I'm not gonna keep ordering Twix just because the money generated from Snickers can cover the cost. That is the definition of wasting money. And for a company MS fans keep bragging about "making billions in 2-3 weeks", you'd think that wasting money wasn't on the agenda.

BMaker11 said:
Aura7541 said:

I don't understand why it keeps getting puppetted: "MS makes billions in profits in 2 weeks. They can absorb the losses from Xbox".

Even if I have money, I wouldn't continually invest in something that is either losing money or missing out on money. Just because I have $100 doesn't make it ok to lose $5 just because I have more than $5. If for every $100, I absorb a loss of $5 just because "it's not that much", long term, when I hit $10,000, I've lost $500. Extrapolate that to millions (or billions) of dollars. Doesn't matter if they can afford the losses...who seriously thinks losing or missing out on millions of dollars is ok?

The fact that people think it's smart to keep a division that's gonna not make or lose money just because other divisions can make up for those losses is kinda mind numbing. If I'm selling Snickers and Twix, and Twix barely sells anything and Snickers sells a buttload....I'm not gonna keep ordering Twix just because the money generated from Snickers can cover the cost. That is the definition of wasting money. And for a company MS fans keep bragging about "making billions in 2-3 weeks", you'd think that wasting money wasn't on the agenda.

Exactly. This also applies to certain people who are calling for Sony to sell off their Playstation business and their other profitable businesses like the entertainment branch (Dan Loeb, I'm looking at you >:( ). It's a completely stupid idea. Why sell off your most profitable divisions?

lmaobox said:

This is what a lot of Xbone owners don't understand. I guess it's the Obama generation that primarily buys the Xbone.

Right now, the Xbox division is more likely to get canned than the PlayStation division. It has nothing to do with how the other divisions are doing.

No way in hell it gets canned.

What you fail to understand  is that   while the Xbox division may not bring in profits, it strenghtens the Microsoft brand, and helps other divisions indirectly.

Furthermore    it gains marketshare that will help in future generations, like it or not X1 is outselling X360 for the same time period.

TheDrill said:
lmaobox said:

No way in hell it gets canned.

What you fail to understand  is that   while the Xbox division may not bring in profits, it strenghtens the Microsoft brand, and helps other divisions indirectly.

Furthermore    it gains marketshare that will help in future generations, like it or not X1 is outselling X360 for the same time period.

Naybe you are holding the graph upside down, because XOne is losing market share, not gaining.