By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SUDA 51 and Mikami working on a new game!

naznatips said:
X-Man said:
naznatips said:
You're missing the point. If the platform was one Suda didn't want to develop for, he simply wouldn't be part of the project. He's fiercely independent, and if he's in the project, it's one he supports wholeheartedly.

So, in case you didn't understand that (again), whether Suda decided the platform or not, he agrees with the decision, so his disposition about development is absolutely a major factor in the analysis of whatever platform the game will be on.

I think you're confusing Suda with the average VGC member, he's not a fanboy, it's not as if he'd refuse to work with Kojima because the game is being developed on a particular platform, rather he'd look at Kojima and the concept of the game itself. Your arguments are faulty and are becoming needlessly complex.

They aren't complex, you just don't understand them.  You clearly do not know Suda nor understand his work.  He's an artist, and he absolutely would refuse development if he didn't think the platform in question would allow him to express his vision.  This discussion has become pointless though, because we are just going in circles.  We'll wait and see.  

They're not hard to understand, they're just more complex than they need to be. I'm guessing it's a defense mechanism.

And i'm sure you and Suda are chums... but claiming he would refuse to collaborate on a game based solely on the platform is laughable, and yes, this discussion has become pointless.

Around the Network

A defense mechanism is something you use to cope with psychological distress. There is no psychological distress in a discussion about video games. Don't use words you don't know how to use please. It's just childish.

A collaborative project needs to be supported by all parties involved, and you are unable to show me reasonable evidence that Suda would be interested in developing a PS3 game. While you were certainly able to show that Kojima would, I was able to show support for both. It's basic math here. My evidence outweighs yours.

However, trying to teach fanboys to use evidence is like trying to teach monkeys to use typewriters. This is a futile battle.

naznatips said:
A defense mechanism is something you use to cope with psychological distress. There is no psychological distress in a discussion about video games. Don't use words you don't know how to use please. It's just childish.

A collaborative project needs to be supported by all parties involved, and you are unable to show me reasonable evidence that Suda would be interested in developing a PS3 game. While you were certainly able to show that Kojima would, I was able to show support for both. It's basic math here. My evidence outweighs yours.

However, trying to teach fanboys to use evidence is like trying to teach monkeys to use typewriters. This is a futile battle.

Oh God...you're getting increasingly desperate now. A defense mechanism is something you use to escape stressful thoughts or situations, regardless of whether the argument/discussion is about video games or politics some people just hate being wrong, you're obviously one of them.

And strong evidence for Kojima (by the far the more important of the two), outweighs weak evidence for both. It's not as simple as 2>1 i'm afraid, try again.

As for your fanboy comment, here's another word/phrase for you to look up - ad hominem. Your debating tactics are awful.

His debating tactics are definately better than yours. And you don't have "strong" evidence that kojima will only give real support the PS3, all you have is assumption that isn't backed up by any meaningful data. Your argument comes down to "Kojima has been on Sony systems, he likes Sony". You claim suda doesn't care about systems like a fanboy does and at the same time say Kojima does.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.