By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SUDA 51 and Mikami working on a new game!

Soriku said:
Btw, Kojima said he was going to make a Wii game after MGS4. It could very well be Project S whether you like it or not, X-Man.

He wants to make a Wii game that takes advantage of the motion controls, so it's highly unlikely it will be Project S, assuming it's a Snatcher game. Given the information we have, it will most probably be on the PS3.

Around the Network

So what information do you have that is more compelling than Kojima wants to work on the wii next? Why can't Project S use motion controls? Kojima likes the Ps3?

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

X-Man said:
Soriku said:
Btw, Kojima said he was going to make a Wii game after MGS4. It could very well be Project S whether you like it or not, X-Man.

He wants to make a Wii game that takes advantage of the motion controls, so it's highly likely it will be Project S, assuming it's a Snatcher game. Given the information we have, it will most probably be on the Wii.

I agree with this completely.

Also, for the people that don't realize it, Project S covers multiple medias, it's similar to the FF7 compilation in that it isn't just a game or whatever. The first part is a radio drama. A game will spawn from the project.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Soriku said:
X-Man said:
Soriku said:

He wants to make a Wii game that takes advantage of the motion controls, so it's highly unlikely it will be Project S, assuming it's a Snatcher game. Given the information we have, it will most probably be on the PS3.

That's funny. Do we even have info on Project S? Nope. Who says it can't take use of the MCs. And, again, we have no info so you can't say it's "most probably" coming to the PS3.

Fail.

Calm your panties, no need to have a hissy fit.

I said 'assuming it's a Snatcher game', and with the very little info we have, the PS3 is the best bet, for 4 reasons - 

1. Kojima's fanbase will be on the PS3 post MGS4.

2. It's Kojima, pretty much every AAA game he's worked on in the past 10 years has been a Playstation exclusive or at least a timed exclusive. And no, Twin Snakes doesn't count.

3. Kojima Production's now has extensive experience with the PS3 having worked on it for the past 3-4 years, they could possibly reuse the MGS4 engine.

4. The IP is owned by Konami (according to Suda) so it's most likely a revival of Snatcher, which is more suited towards the PS3 (rather than the Wii) where his hardcore fanbase will definitely be.

What incentive does he have to put it on the Wii? Other than it being cheap... 

If it's not a AAA Snatcher title, then you may have something, otherwise it's just wishful thinking. 

Soriku said:
X-Man said:
Soriku said:
X-Man said:
Soriku said:

That's funny. Do we even have info on Project S? Nope. Who says it can't take use of the MCs. And, again, we have no info so you can't say it's "most probably" coming to the PS3.

Fail.

Calm your panties, no need to have a hissy fit.

I said 'assuming it's a Snatcher game', and with the very little info we have, the PS3 is the best bet, for 4 reasons -

1. Kojima's fanbase will be on the PS3 post MGS4.

2. It's Kojima, pretty much every AAA game he's worked on in the past 10 years has been a Playstation exclusive or at least a timed exclusive. And no, Twin Snakes doesn't count.

3. Kojima Production's now has extensive experience with the PS3 having worked on it for the past 3-4 years, they could possibly reuse the MGS4 engine.

4. The IP is owned by Konami (according to Suda) so it's most likely a revival of Snatcher, which is more suited towards the PS3 (rather than the Wii) where his hardcore fanbase will definitely be.

What incentive does he have to put it on the Wii? Other than it being cheap...

If it's not a AAA Snatcher title, then you may have something, otherwise it's just wishful thinking.

1. OK. But Suda's fanbase is on the Wii right now.

2. That's because the PlayStation brand has been #1 in sales. If Nintendo was winning he'd have supported Nintendo. This time Nintendo is #1. Your point is moot.

3. And? The Wii would still be easier to work with. And their work on the PS3 is costly? What if MGS4 doesn't sell well as expected. MGS4 is likely a 40+ mil game and counting.

4. This makes no sense because Snatcher was never on a PS system.

And, yes, I know your opinion is wishful thinking. How many times are you going to tell us?

1. I don't think Suda has any say regarding the platform, it's primarily a Kojima/Konami game.

2. That's not true, he stated that he made MGS on the PSX cos it was CD based, and now, whether he likes it or not, his fanbase is on the PS. And Nintendo is #1...in console sales, it' not #1 for hardcore games, and certainly not for hardcore games by Kojima.

3. Yes, the Wii would be easier to work with, hell the DS would be even easier, that's not the point. They already have a foundation on the PS3, in more ways than one.

4. Well actually 'Snatcher' was released for the PSX so you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

Lesson over.

Around the Network

Available evidence pro Wii on Project S:

1.) No More Heroes is Suda's fastest selling game ever.

2.) Suda claims he prefers making games on Nintendo systems to games on systems of any other company, because they respect his artistic vision.

3.) Kojima claims after MGS4 his next game will be a Wii game. Kojima is also a very big Nintendo fan, as he's stated many times. In fact, he begged to have Snake added in Brawl.

4.) Grasshopper Manufacture (and Suda 51) have made Nintendo system games exclusively for the last 3 years, including 2 Wii games.

5.) Snatcher was a point and click menu-based adventure game. If it doesn't radically change, only 3 game systems are suited to this. The PC, the Wii, and the DS. If it does radically change, then it can be built for anything.

6.) Kojima has done recent work on the Wii. He did much of the design work for Snake and did all of the design work for the Shadow Moses Island Stage in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Available evidence pro-PS3 on Project S:

1.) Kojima's Metal Gear Solid games (a series not at all related to Snatcher) are on PS3.

2.) Kojima has experience on the PS3.

3.) X-Man doesn't like the Wii.

4.) X-Man likes the PS3.

5.) X-Man likes to present unverifiable evidence about fanbase.

6.) Cause X-Man said so, and he's the X-Man.

7.) X-Man.

8.)

You so should've started that post with "OBJECTION!".

I was going to point out some things wrong with X-man's reasoning, but Naz makes it seem unnecessary.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

My beautiful thread ...
Why? Why?

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

naznatips said:

Available evidence pro Wii on Project S:

1.) No More Heroes is Suda's fastest selling game ever.

2.) Suda claims he prefers making games on Nintendo systems to games on systems of any other company, because they respect his artistic vision.

3.) Kojima claims after MGS4 his next game will be a Wii game. Kojima is also a very big Nintendo fan, as he's stated many times. In fact, he begged to have Snake added in Brawl.

4.) Grasshopper Manufacture (and Suda 51) have made Nintendo system games exclusively for the last 3 years, including 2 Wii games.

5.) Snatcher was a point and click menu-based adventure game. If it doesn't radically change, only 3 game systems are suited to this. The PC, the Wii, and the DS. If it does radically change, then it can be built for anything.

6.) Kojima has done recent work on the Wii. He did much of the design work for Snake and did all of the design work for the Shadow Moses Island Stage in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Available evidence pro-PS3 on Project S:

1.) Kojima's Metal Gear Solid games (a series not at all related to Snatcher) are on PS3.

2.) Kojima has experience on the PS3.

3.) X-Man doesn't like the Wii.

4.) X-Man likes the PS3.

5.) X-Man likes to present unverifiable evidence about fanbase.

6.) Cause X-Man said so, and he's the X-Man.

7.) X-Man.

8.)

Even Ogre joins the nerds in the end. (Well second movie... the one where they get abandoned on a desert island... which seems a bit extreme.)