By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Watch Dogs: 900p PS4, 792p X1, both 30fps

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
setsunatenshi said:
interesting how a few months ago the discussion would be framed as 'yet another multiplay running at much higher res on ps4 than on x1' to 'haha, not all games are 1080p on ps4'.

the goalpost was moved in an interesting way.

but hearing xbox fans enjoying this makes me think about a homeless person laughing about another guy's leaking ceiling... just have some self awareness :)

Love your post, people usualy in those comparison threads say that " we dont care about resolution blah blah blah "  and when a third party makes a game with 900p in ps4 it mathers now, using this to attack sony is weak as fuck, they are not the ones programing the fucking game.

Sony lying to costumers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omfg those evil bastards had an ad for a third party game with wrong info for a couple hours  !!!! burn them all !!! lets get our pitchforks.

I don't think people talking about the resolution as it pertains to other PS4 games are now implying that they care about resolution. They are just pointing out the hypocrisy in those who have spent the last 6-7 months shoving resolution down our throats. I mean, if the last 6-7 months are anything to go by, 95% of the Playstation userbase here should not be interested in Watch Dogs at all now because it's not 1080p. That's where these other people are coming from. And from that direction it doesn't matter if "their" version is 792p or 440p or whatever.

The only people attacking Sony in here are a couple people laughing at Sony's blunder regarding Watch Dogs resolution. Lets be fucking honest here, if MS put up some picture talking about how 1080p60 CoD Ghosts with timed exclusive content was the "true CoD experience" then it turned out to be whatever resolution and frame rate it was at, you'd have threads and posters proclaiming them to be liars, scumbags, cancer on the industry, and I would bet a few people would even still have the pic in their sigs or something. So lets please not act as if a couple posters having a laugh at it is something serious.

That said, lulz @ that bullsh. True experience is on PC I guess.

Around the Network

I'll be playing Transistor. At least that's 1080P.

jlmurph2 said:
Dark_Feanor said:

Never forget.

Lol smh ouch

ouch? This will be the second non-1080p game on PS4.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Womp womp

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

don't ubisoft tell people what their games play at,seems like stupid mistakes to make for advertising purposes

Above & Beyond

Around the Network

What a disgraceful next-gen.

If you are gonna lower the resolution at least give us 60fps.

J_Allard said:

The only people attacking Sony in here are a couple people laughing at Sony's blunder regarding Watch Dogs resolution.

Sony already removed the 1080p/60fps comment on the Watch Dogs page before this information was confirmed.  So it took what?  24 for Sony to fix their mistake? 

http://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/watch-dogs-ps4 

Also, 1080p is better looking than 720p and obviously everyone would rather play it in 1080p if they had the choice, but there's no hypocrisy about it.  Playstation fans were pointing out that Playstation 4 is a more capable console at pushing higher resolution graphics and higher framerates than the Xbox One, not saying the PS4 can do 1080p on all games.  Most people knew this the moment we started getting announced at 30fps which was before launch.

Omg, look at them valiantly trying to avoid 720p.

30fps for an open world game is more than fine, btw. I don't want to sacrifice draw distance and peds/vehicles for a higher framerate.

RolStoppable said:
outlawauron said:

ouch? This will be the second non-1080p game on PS4.

And how many aren't 1080p@60fps?

I have no idea. I don't keep a running tally in the circlejerk.

I do know that there been plenty of games announced that they will be running at all. With the inclusion of all the digital content, it isn't hard to believe that the majority runs there?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Sal.Paradise said:
Omg, look at them valiantly trying to avoid 720p.

30fps for an open world game is more than fine, btw. I don't want to sacrifice draw distance and peds/vehicles for a higher framerate.

The point is, it isn't even looking that good. It shouldn't tax the systems that much.