By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I need 360 gamers to explain something to me

Games -- pure and simple. Until recently, what was available in true next-gen? The PS3 is finally beginning to build a library and I think the RROD is going to haunt MS going forward to some degree. That said, there is still a vast chasm of difference between the game library on the 360 and the PS3.

Because of the huge headstart and the strong 2007 software library, there is still a very compelling reason to get a 360 -- even with the risk.

That's what this is supposed to be about, isn't it? Games?

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network

@ KN

QFT - the games, the games ... the games!

I have warranty and it has the games I want to play. Mine has crapped out twice yet though I lost playing time I haven't payed anything.

The 360 has had an awful lot of bad press because of RROD, and there are indeed people who have gone through half a score of them. These users, however, have rather irregular gaming patterns and might leave their machine on for 24-48 hours intervals or sheer 10-12 hour gameplay sessions with all the circuitry working at full load, so its no wonder they crash for them if you tally in hardware failure rates.
This does not deterr most 360 owners though, and why is that? The 360 is a very good gaming platform despite having to share many games with the PC, and the list of very good games thus far exceedes the Wii and the PS3 quite dramatically yet.

Around the Network

good services what some company's don't offer.

and the huge gamelibrary

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I havent had any RRoD. Had the console since October 2006. 360 has the games I want to play. At my point in life I don't care for paying a little more to get what I want. Besides, do most of you keep this system running 10 hours a day? That would give you RRoD for sure.

Also, another reason people are having these issues with their 10th RRoD is because Microsoft was stupid to sell a good chunk on returned 360's to independant companies for repair who sell "refurbished" units that go bad within 2 months.

Here in Canada, you will find amazing deals at stores like TigerDirect and Millenium 2000 for refurbished Xbox systems, but anyone I know that bought the Premium package from there for 249 had to return it within a month. A friend at one of those stores told me their return rate for refurbished 360 was 90%.

However, if you go to Best Buy today and buy a new 360, you will not have the RRoD. Thats a fact.

becuase it has great games

I only had the problem on 2 of 5 360's... I have sent back 2 of 4 PS3's... And my one and only Wii died as well. So 360 is actually my most reliable system so far.

Even if it wasn't... Too me it is about the games not the hardware. 360 has all the best games and it looks like 2008 will be no different now.

The fact that you'll only get half of what you paid for your games back is the only reason I can see