By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I need 360 gamers to explain something to me

HAHAHA I didn't know about the towel trick. It's probably how they fix people's 360's over at M$.

Around the Network

they keep going back because their american and dont know how to spend their money. hell even us canadians know more

xenophon13 said:

Here is my question (I am a ps3 owner:

Why do people keep coming back to this console with so many problems? This guy is on his 9th!!! And yet people are avid fans of the 360. You will probably see this as flaming but I am legitimately curious. If my PS3 died that much I would still play it, but I would be pissed at sony and would not be a supporter at all.

Go ahead and light me up, but hopefully my curiousity will be satiated...

Because they enjoy their console that much more than you enjoy yours.

I'm one of those who doesn't understand why people would bother with something that kept breaking down. Even after 2 or 3, no amount of good games can make me have faith in a console, especially when the firm that brought it out early in it's problematic state just throws money at the situation like they do because they are rich.

No other company in the world can do that but MS and most others would cost them the console race and maybe their business. What's small change for MS, is big money for Nintendo and other firms.

3 year warrenty is fine but it's just covering a problem that shouldn't exist in the first place.

Hmm, pie.

xenophon13 said:

I have been reading article after article about the RROD and other 360 issues: There were the 2 at GDC, there is the Irish Gaming site that no longer supports 360 and there is this:

" I’m on my 9th Xbox 360. After 5 dead Premium systems since launch, I decided to spring for an Elite, with the hopes of better hardware. I was sadly mistaken, as I’ve gone through 3 Elites so far, with my 4th and current being a Falcon. I’ve had this one for two months now and haven’t had any issues. The reason I keep coming back, aside from the games (which I’ll touch on in a second), is the fact that I purchased the Best Buy warranty with both systems and have been able to swap it in store with no issue"

http://loot-ninja.com/2008/02/22/has-the-red-ring-of-death-brought-fear-to-your-gaming/

Here is my question (I am a ps3 owner:

Why do people keep coming back to this console with so many problems? This guy is on his 9th!!! And yet people are avid fans of the 360. You will probably see this as flaming but I am legitimately curious. If my PS3 died that much I would still play it, but I would be pissed at sony and would not be a supporter at all.

Go ahead and light me up, but hopefully my curiousity will be satiated...

Probably because it doesn't actually cost you anything. It's not like everyone with a 360 is paying $50 every time it bust to ship it off to MS for repairs.  Sure it's a hassle, but a hassle is a lot cheaper than buying another system.

Around the Network
The_vagabond7 said:
beats me. That's the only reason I haven't gotten a 360, well 1 of two reasons. But my brother is on his 3rd 360, and the guy I work with is on his 5th. I know another guy that just got one, and he's already having problems with it. It's anecdotal, but from my perspective that's enough to prevent me from getting one. I'll just buy the games I want on PC.

Same here; I've been thinking about getting a 360 for a while, because I suck at PC gaming =O

The main reason I don't get it is because of the hardware issues. Almost everyone I know who has a 360 has had the RRoD at least once, a few of them 2 or 3 times.

The other reason is I have almost no $$ and I need that for other stuff (food, rent, etc.).

My first 360 died after 3 days. I brought it back to the best buy I bought it at and got another one that hasn't died on me yet... but that was only in august so we'll see how long this actually lasts.

[2:08:58 am] Moongoddess256: being asian makes you naturally good at ddr
[2:09:22 am] gnizmo: its a weird genetic thing
[2:09:30 am] gnizmo: goes back to hunting giant crabs in feudal Japan

I have all three systems and i enjoy playing my elite the most, its just a great system with good games and a somewhat good community.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina