By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What happened to the dual shock 4 stick-issues???

I've noticed it in stores, but never on my own. Of course I've seen 3DS that look like people repeatedly stabbed the bottom screen with the stylus.

Around the Network

They're fine as long as you don't use sandpaper on them, or scratch at them with your fingernails.

true_fan said:
brendude13 said:
true_fan said:
Google it, sony quietly recalled the controllers.

You're saying that like it's a bad thing.

It is a bad thing, sony hardly ever owns up to its mistakes.

Ok. I see where this is going.

It wasnt the big issue certain people tried to make it out to be.

Same with that white dust stuff covering the consoles. I do know of one person this happened to.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

I noticed it at my local Game on their trial.

But if Sony recalled the dodgy batch and replaced them without complaint then what's the issue?

Around the Network

Well, there is this 50-pages-thread on GAF: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=711160&page=50

And recently, there was another one but I can't find it, sadly, where OP asked if it's still there and some responded that it's still an issue.
Most answered: "If there is a problem, get it replaced". Case closed as Sony will most likely never say anything official to this case.

Edit: Found the other thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=806427

Euphoria14 said:
Was likely just a bad batch of controllers.

Yea if I had to guess the first batch of controllers had issues and it was either fixed then or those were the only ones affected. Maybe they were stored inproperly while awaiting the release of the PS4.

ToxicJosh said:
I noticed it at my local Game on their trial.

But if Sony recalled the dodgy batch and replaced them without complaint then what's the issue?

apparently that they didn't have an hour long press conference complete with public lynching over the matter..

Well I have a bad one that I decided to put Kontrol Freeks on.

Go Team Venture! I still don't get the Wii, PS Move,  and Kinect.

One of the controllers that came with my console had this issue but the other never (and still doesn't) so I'm guessing like others that it was just an isolated issue!

Mine ironically seems to be different to the example given as it was the center of my stick that went (whilst playing Knack) but it doesn't detract anything from the functionality of the stick... just doesn't look as nice anymore lol