By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Breaking: MS removing Gold requirements for Xbox Live Apps

Azerth said:
i think they are putting there tv shows behind gold

Thats a very good theory we know they have multiple shows in development

Around the Network

If this is true, I'd actually consider owning a 360 or X1 now.

If this is true, maybe in exchange they'll put monthly game rentals similar to PS Plus?

Youtube without Adds must continue the way it is today.

Azerth said:
i think they are putting there tv shows behind gold

That much was a given, though. Unless theyre planning to have ads on their shows. They gotta make that money back somehow.

What else do they even have that isnt already behind a paywall?

Around the Network

That's great news. Even though I like M$ (well, maybe not M$ but I like the last two Xbox consoles) that was a bad policy. Made no sense to me.

Reads title:

Reads article:

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

On my Xbox One, Netflix continued to work after my Gold sub expired. I have since renewed it but it did work for a few weeks after.

Make it So.

I made a post a loooooong time ago that I could probably find. It was about how Sony should charge for online (this was during the PS3 era, btw) I said something like--

keep the online free and charge $50 a year for users to use
-Voice chat
-Messaging
-Detailed Match Making
-Party chat
-Game Invites

Basically all of the game related stuff that makes the online more robust then the Wii. Maybe this is the stuff M$ will think of.
-Messaging
-Viewing/Comparing friend activity
????

But really, it doesn't effect me. I pay for Gold anyway. I get everything. I'm just glad other people will have features that they didn't have before.

burninmylight said:
If this is true, I'd actually consider owning a 360 or X1 now.

Same here. May buy a One when it gets cheaper and without Kinect