By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SONY results: 3.7m PS3+PS4, 0.7m PSV+PSP. $1.246bn loss FY. GAME $80m loss for year. Expects another $0.5bn loss to March 2015

So what's the PS3 shipment numbers so far? Do we not have that yet?

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Conegamer said:
Wow, either we're way over with PS4 or they just didn't ship the PS3.

100 million seems very distant now.

I susepect both.

360 is still ahead of the PS3 clearly and the PS4 has slowed much quicker than we have.  Not surprising.

Sony announced 7 million PS4s sold through as of April 6th (?) though, so there really is no room for the PS4 slowing down in that timeframe

Who would buy a ps3 right now, I'd be shocked if they shipped any. The ps4 is way better value and looking at the software charts in UK ps3 is dead as a dodo.

Proud owner of Ps4/3ds xl/pc/vita/wii u and others.

Gamer till I die

PS3 shipping low can be due to high stock from previous quarter.

kowenicki said:
DerNebel said:
kowenicki said:

I susepect both.

360 is still ahead of the PS3 clearly and the PS4 has slowed much quicker than we have.  Not surprising.

Sony announced 7 million PS4s sold through as of April 6th (?) though, so there really is no room for the PS4 slowing down in that timeframe

I know... curious isnt it.

Kinda, I still rather believe that PS3 shipments are down like crazy, this site overtracking the PS4, at least by a significant amount, up to march seems unlikely to me.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
kowenicki said:
DerNebel said:
kowenicki said:

I susepect both.

I know... curious isnt it.

Kinda, I still rather believe that PS3 shipments are down like crazy, this site overtracking the PS4, at least by a significant amount, up to march seems unlikely to me.

We'll find out at E3.

The PS5 Exists. 

Farsala said:
PS3 shipping low can be due to high stock from previous quarter.

Yeah, retailers might have expected to sell more during the holidays, which is why they ordered too many, this quarter they still had a lot of stock from then left, so they ordered less.

GribbleGrunger said:
DerNebel said:

We'll find out at E3.

Why? What would they tell us at E3? I don't think they'll talk PS3 numbers and PS4 numbers we already have past the point of this quarter.

I'm not extremely keen on reading these charts but it seems they're more reliant than ever on selling life insurance to stay afloat. Seems they really need to get out of home electronics (not video games, the TV's and PC's and such. Plus phones).

Sony homeconsole shipments:

Q3: 7.8 million 
Q4: 3.7 million
______________ +

11.5 million in the PS4 quarters.

Is there any change we overrestimated the Playstation 3 shipment numbers? 

Once you entered you won't be the same anymore. A blog about life.

http://seetheworlddifferent.wordpress.com/