By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo new platform announced (NFP)

Tagged games:

Nintendo NFP?

Great move, Skylanders ma... 28 50.00%

Not a good idea, they tri... 9 16.07%

It will make some profit,... 18 32.14%

Total:55
WagnerPaiva said:
lucidium said:
i wonder how long till someone here claims that skylanders and disney infinity ripped off nintendo?

not long id imagine.

I am claiming it right now.

Damn, beat me to it....

Around the Network
WagnerPaiva said:
VanceIX said:
Meh, never really got the Skylanders craze so I doubt I'll buy into this. It could be a huge hit with the kids though.

Actually, Nintendo can make good games to go along with the toys, so that could be really cool. Like, imagine a RPG were you summon some nintendo character using the figurine or something like that. But I guess you are right, not that interesting to us grown ups, but the kids will love it!

Think about this - The Wonderful 102 having unlockable Nintendo characters through this platform.

WagnerPaiva said:
lucidium said:
i wonder how long till someone here claims that skylanders and disney infinity ripped off nintendo?

not long id imagine.

I am claiming it right now.

well there was a strange pokemontoy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-q1-7C4LtDE

Could have been a a mega hit if Nintendo had done it before.

VanceIX said:
WagnerPaiva said:
VanceIX said:
Meh, never really got the Skylanders craze so I doubt I'll buy into this. It could be a huge hit with the kids though.

Actually, Nintendo can make good games to go along with the toys, so that could be really cool. Like, imagine a RPG were you summon some nintendo character using the figurine or something like that. But I guess you are right, not that interesting to us grown ups, but the kids will love it!

I'm sure they'll make some pretty cool games, but playing a game centered around overpriced collectible toys sounds kinda weird, lol. But yeah, kids love this stuff, and if I were a decade younger I might have too.

Lol. With all due respect, but being 19 you still qualify as a kid, at least to me :P

I think this is a great idea and will earn them big time money. I just hope the figurines are of high quality, cause I don't care about the games - I just want to have Link, Samus, etc. on my desk :)

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network
Scisca said:
VanceIX said:
WagnerPaiva said:
VanceIX said:

I'm sure they'll make some pretty cool games, but playing a game centered around overpriced collectible toys sounds kinda weird, lol. But yeah, kids love this stuff, and if I were a decade younger I might have too.

Lol. With all due respect, but being 19 you still qualify as a kid, at least to me :P

I think this is a great idea and will earn them big time money. I just hope the figurines are of high quality, cause I don't care about the games - I just want to have Link, Samus, etc. on my desk :)

I guess I do for you, but then again your just a child for your parents who date you by twenty years, who are essentially children for their parents, etc.

I'm in a university, worked a job, so I guess I have enough experience to speak from a relatively mature point of view :)

That being said, this game's target audience is the age group from around 9-14 ish, which would fit my age group from around 2004-2009 

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

It's an uphill battle for nintendo in the west. The competition is not only entrenched it's expanding its potential base with marvel and star wars, and without the 3ds to act as a safety net for the first half year it could flounder out of the gates. Especially when you consider that skylanders and infinity don't need wii u to succeed but are still going to be competing directly with nintendo on their own hardware.

Japan is a different story, the playing field is even there as neither infinity or skylanders have been introduced there, so nintendo could carve their niche in the homeland.

Kids are definitely going to go ape-shit over that, but that's about it!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---