By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pokemon OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire announced

fuck yeah, i hope they cut down on the underwater parts

Around the Network

I don't think the box art Kyogre and Groudon are Mega Evolutions. If not just art, I think it is what they look like when you awaken them with the orbs.

NNID: garretslarrity

Steam: garretslarrity

DialgaMarine said:
kekrot said:
DialgaMarine said:
I literally just bought a 3DS like 3 days ago lol. Must be fate

Fate??? This means Majora's Mask 3D is also coming!

Don't play with my dreams like that...

But honestly, I'd rather they do a no shit MM remake and put on the Wii-U in HD, kindof like Windwaker. A true HD remake to MM with more content would be a level of awesomeness that almost unfathomable... MM 3D would be ok though.

Yes an HD remake would be utterly awesome, but in WWHD's case they had to choose between WW, TP and SS because they still looked OK. A team of 3 people brushed up the textures, upped the resolution, and from there they worked a bit more to tweak it and make some new functions. The polygon count is still okay so it doesn't look bad.

If they were to remake an older title, like OoT or MM in HD, there would be far more work involved. Aonuma has said that they went with WW since it looked the best when they did some resolution tests. Obviously WW looked best that way since TP and SS are more texture based games, WW still looks good on GC while TP, well, doesn't. At least not in the same way. If they'll do another HD remake it will most likely be TP, again including a little more work than WW. It's also eight years old this year.

So I have my thoughts that MM 3D is in the works, again by Grezzo who did a good job on OoT 3D. We all know how much MM borrows from OoT so it's mostly the environments that has to be remade now. I wonder what they will do with the save system since not everybody has time (or battery) to play through a whole 3-day cycle before they are able to save. (maybe permanent saves on statues and not only quick saves?) This is just my speculation of course.

Yep.

Always knew Sapphire was for Alphas :^)

BasilZero said:
Solid-Stark said:
I will be buying Alpha Sapphire. Treecko is my favorite starter by far of all gens.

I'm getting Omega Ruby *-*!

Omega = The Ending - sounds  a lot better for me :O and plus I love Red and Groudon *-*!

Also Ruby was my 3rd gen game!

Omega does sound more catchy. They should have switched them!

I actually didn't buy Ruby/Sapphire back in the day(though I did borrow both), instead I got Emerald which was freaking epic when Kyogre and Groudon fight and Rayquaza boss shows up to put them in place. Them Gameboy cutscenes.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Around the Network
domflo said:
Man, I couldn't be happier right now. Pokémon Sapphire was my first real gaming experience and will always hold a special place in my heart. It's almost like back then, when I was waiting for my birthday to get my first ever console along with the game after seeing it at school. Feels good, man.

Every region so far has been represented in at least DS level visuals, and I personally can't wait to see some of the places remastered. Also interested in seeing the changes to the character designs, I liked what they did when they updated Gold/Silver and I'm curious to see what they'll do to Hoenn and its inhabitants.

same here!

tolu619 said:
MohammadBadir said:
Holy motherfucking shit

Sir, your entire sig is hilarious!

Thanks (:

mii-gamer said:
fuck yeah, i hope they cut down on the underwater parts

I disagree, part of what made Hoenn so special in my eyes is the watery theme. I hope they INCREASE the amount of diving.

BasilZero said:
I want to hear the newly remix/remastered version of Cave of Origins/Meteor Falls NOW :O

this should "tide" you over!

So hopefully we'll get Blue rescue team remake soon too :(

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David