By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - let's talk amazing spider man 2 (spoliers)

I thought the movie was just okay. It was just entertaining  enough. I felt like it had to much going on. The green goblin did'nt appear until the last 20 minutes of the movie. that story line felt rushed and a bit of an afterthought. The green goblin makeup was just laughable in my opinion. they focused more on electro. I really like the look and design of electro more,but I felt like his motivations for being evil were real weak. I thought what really worked for the movie was the chemistry between spiderman and gwen and that whole dynamic. that's what kept the movie going for me. emma stone was so beautiful and amazing in that role. I was really disapointed when she died at the end. Spiderman was so dam close to saving her,dam it!!!!!! I never read the comics,so I had no idea that she was going to die. rhino appeared as a bookend to the movie and that part just felt really stupid. why not just wait until the next movie? they just tried to do to much with the movie. I thought the action parts were just okay,kind of felt secondary in this movie. overall,the movie felt like one big set up for a sequel. I thought it was just okay. it was'nt bad,but not my favorite spiderman movie. 3 out of 5 stars. thoughts???

Around the Network

I guess nobody liked this movie on vgchartz. forgot that I even made this thread. lol

it was OK. they tried to shock us at the end but for me it didnt work and the story was just a boring drama like in most spider man movies it all feels like a remek of older movie which is really frustrating.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

God damn that movie was lame. 90% of it just consisted of everyone crying about their shitty life. Then it has that useless subplot about Peter's father which iirc hints at an improved Spider Serum constantly, but in the end only serves to make Peter feel temporarily even more bad than before and its resolve does nothing but revert Peter's mood back to how it was before the subplot started, despite all the hints throughout the movie that the subplot would actually be somewhat important :/

The movie really would have been better off if it was 90 minutes instead of the 142min it turned out. The pacing was outright offensive, with faaaaar too much time between the 3 (Rhino guy, Electro 1, Electro 2+Green Goblin) fight scenes. At least they stayed pretty true to how Gwen Stacy died in the comics, not that I cared for her in the first place. MJ>Gwen Stacy and to top it off she wasn't even the hottest female in the movie. That title belongs to

Felicity Jones, aka Felicia Hardy (Harry Osbourne's assistent) aka Black Cat (which we'll undobtedly see as such in Amazing Spiderman 3).

All in all disappointing movie, 2/5 imo

EDIT: kljesta64 makes a point I almost forgot to make: Everyone struggling also feels VERY similar to the original Spider-Man 2 movie, the plot in general does. Through parts of the movie it felt like they just took Spider-Man 2, replaced Doc-Oc with Electro, MJ with Gwen, Aunt May with a younger, but destroyed by Crystal Meth version of herself and made Harry Osborn even more of a little bitch :/

The choreography during fight sequences is absolutely amazing in these movies. It's an absolute travesty that both movies have 10 minutes tops of action when they have such excessive runtimes.

Around the Network
Panama said:
The choreography during fight sequences is absolutely amazing in these movies. It's an absolute travesty that both movies have 10 minutes tops of action when they have such excessive runtimes.

That's certainly true though, the Spider-Man vs Electro fights rocked. I especially liked the part in the power plant where their fight produces actual dubstep music and Peter complaining that he hates the song. Best part of the movie right there XD

I loved this movie. It was very entertaining and I thought they handled the story very well. I went in with no expectations and came out a fan of this spiderman. I don't think it topped the Spiderman 1 or 2, but I'm sold on this universe and this version of spiderman.

I had low expectations for Electro, my first reaction to his appearance was disappointment, I thought he looked goofy. However, watching him in action in the movie, he was badass. His power was awesome and his appearance was cool, really grew on me.

As for your complaint about electro's motivations, I mean cmon. The guy clearly had serious psychological issues before becoming electro_(via his obsession with spiderman), did you think it would take much to make him lose it? And then he was captured and tortured, when he was finally set free by Harry I completely buy into his behavior.

Better than the first, but that's not saying much.

Really not looking forward to the rest of the franchise if this keeps up.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

The actors were fine. Very well cast. I hated it. Why?

-Slowest Google search engine, ever.
-Car drives into the middle of time square that was just full of people seconds before. Nobody sees it coming and it plows into Electro?
-Your Uncle Ben died in the first movie and you're bitching about Captain Stacy?
-Why didn't Electro get eel powers instead of electric powers?
-Green Goblin never saw that power suit/glider before. Within SECONDS he mastered it. It even had a healing program!
-That sappy ass Spider-Kid/Rhino scene at the end.
-Weak ass Harry Osborne is DYING and he takes down two burly security guards.
-Electro hears music.
-Where did that creepy ass Nazi scientist come from?
-The storyline with Peter's parents sucked.

That's off the top of my head and I saw it opening weekend. Great action, nice to look at, and a faithful portrayal of Spidey. Too much other stuff just made me groan.

I've seen it twice not because it was good as such but more to see it twice.

The more I thought about it though the more some stuff doesn't make sense. Electro's 'hatred' of Spider-man was misplaced, the character of Max Dillian was done weirdly, obsessive nobody yet his boss certainly noticed him and stole his design ideas. Spider-man is portrayed really well Peter Parker not so much.

What I have concerns about in the movie is Peter's parents, the obsession the movie has with them is taking away from the impact Uncle Ben should have. Aunt May goes on about how Peter is obsessing and how she raised him and he see's that and instantly asks for what she knows about his parent's again.

Inclusion of Goblin was nice but Electro. My god was he powerful, far greater than standard 616. If he could transfer himself through power cables there is no way Spider-man would beat him. I know 616 has had changes over time including making him essentially living energy but that was usually never the case. This I presume is more like Ultimate version.

Only Sand-man should have the power beyond what Spider-man can't truely defeat, alas he was religated to a side character in number 3.

Hmm, pie.