By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Community Reborn!!!-An outbreak?! PSX has a date!!!

What did you think about Sony's Pre-TGS Conference?

It was nice 10 11.90%

Nothing that really caught my attention tbh 25 29.76%

It was awesome! 8 9.52%

Not Bad 7 8.33%

I didn't like it 11 13.10%

It was okay 10 11.90%

Needed more LoD! 4 4.76%

Decent 2 2.38%

Other 7 8.33%

Total:84
celador said:
DerNebel said:

I think I'll try posting on this forum again, after a couple months I think I can give it another shot.

Oh and to whoever quoted me in here, sorry, but I can't find your post so it will have to remain unanswered :D

Why did you leave in the first place?

Annoyed by the whole The Order fallout and the general decline in forum discussion to something that would at every point sooner or later turn into a system war, I think the whole thing has gotten a bit better again (though that recent thread about the possibility of Sony having exclusive CoD marketing that got locked was another example of horrible forum behaviour) but we'll see.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:

Annoyed by the whole The Order fallout and the general decline in forum discussion to something that would at every point sooner or later turn into a system war, I think the whole thing has gotten a bit better again (though that recent thread about the possibility of Sony having exclusive CoD marketing that got locked was another example of horrible forum behaviour) but we'll see.

I remember you were particularly annoyed at jetforcejiminy (who left the forums, btw). To me, I feel that the quality of discussion has gone down here as of late. People going off-topic and turning threads into system wars has been the theme over the past few weeks. It has gotten pretty bad to the point that I feel more at home in GAF.

Aura7541 said:
DerNebel said:

I remember you were particularly annoyed at jetforcejiminy (who left the forums, btw). To me, I feel that the quality of discussion has gone down here as of late. People going off-topic and turning threads into system wars has been the theme over the past few weeks. It has gotten pretty bad to the point that I feel more at home in GAF.

There was something with that guy but I honestly don't even remember what it was, it was more of a general thing that you can't pin on a single user, I definitely wasn't innocent either.

Ok guys I need something straightened out:

I know FOX Engine is on a proprietary license, but I am still unclear on who owns it. Since Kojima built it, would it be the property of Kojima Productions or Kojima himself? And are KP's assets considered Konami's property since KP is a subsidiary of Konami?

I ask this because my theory came correct: it seems everything about the PT project was cancelled yet Konami wants to keep making SH games. Are the developed assets of Silent Hills Konami's property or Kojima's? And what does he get to take with him when he leaves?

#1 Amb-ass-ador

ReimTime said:

I know FOX Engine is on a proprietary license, but I am still unclear on who owns it. Since Kojima built it, would it be the property of Kojima Productions or Kojima himself? And are KP's assets considered Konami's property since KP is a subsidiary of Konami?

I ask this because my theory came correct: it seems everything about the PT project was cancelled yet Konami wants to keep making SH games. Are the developed assets of Silent Hills Konami's property or Kojima's? And what does he get to take with him when he leaves?

Its not as if Kojima made it all by himself, there was likely some work done by people outside of Kojima Productions, and it was likely funded by Konami as well.

Wouldn't put too much hopes into that, Silent Hills was probably cancelled because everyone bailed.

Konami owns the trademark anyway, Kojima can't use the engine without their permission. I guess we'll have to wait and see if the new PES uses it before concluding anything.

Around the Network
KyleeStrutt said:
ReimTime said:

Its not as if Kojima made it all by himself, there was likely some work done by people outside of Kojima Productions, and it was likely funded by Konami as well.

Wouldn't put too much hopes into that, Silent Hills was probably cancelled because everyone bailed.

Konami owns the trademark anyway, Kojima can't use the engine without their permission. I guess we'll have to wait and see if the new PES uses it before concluding anything.

Shit that was my worst fear. I was hoping he'd be able to take at minimum the ideas behind PT and expand upon them on his own. But if Konami owns FOX Engine then he would have to start from scratch. Does that mean that Konami gets to keep all the developed assets of PT?

#1 Amb-ass-ador

ReimTime said:

Shit that was my worst fear. I was hoping he'd be able to take at minimum the ideas behind PT and expand upon them on his own. But if Konami owns FOX Engine then he would have to start from scratch. Does that mean that Konami gets to keep all the developed assets of PT?

Probably, I doubt Konami actually plans to continue with the SH series, pretty sure that statement was just to appease people.

KyleeStrutt said:
ReimTime said:

Probably, I doubt Konami actually plans to continue with the SH series, pretty sure that statement was just to appease people.

Yea I really doubt they will too. Damn. Now it's a question of where Kojima goes and what he wants to develop now that Konami isn't pushing MGS sequels on him.

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Since there are so many Batman fans here:

Arkham Knight has Dual Play: That is to say you can seamlessly switch between Batman and his allies (whether that be Robin, Catwoman or Nightwing etc.) during combat.

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-04-27-new-batman-arkham-knight-trailer-shows-off-robin-nightwing-and-catwoman

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Normally we get the PSN golden week sales starting from today. (Broken Age in EU is BTW -30% possible a mistake so get it while it is hot).

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1037281