By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Community Reborn!!!-An outbreak?! PSX has a date!!!

What did you think about Sony's Pre-TGS Conference?

It was nice 10 11.90%

Nothing that really caught my attention tbh 25 29.76%

It was awesome! 8 9.52%

Not Bad 7 8.33%

I didn't like it 11 13.10%

It was okay 10 11.90%

Needed more LoD! 4 4.76%

Decent 2 2.38%

Other 7 8.33%

Total:84
DerNebel said:
kitler53 said:
DerNebel said:

I'm really curious what they are trying to do with this game, must be big in their mind if it's worth teasing it twice before the actual event.

well the teaser has much better graphics than the 2012 trailer.  ..not that that means anything specific but i imagine the game has been moved to ps4 or at least is a cross gen title.

frankly it had pretty high production values on ps3 for a move game.   with a focus on advanced lightly i think the gameplay is a good canidate for a next gen improvement.  upgrade to 1080 and rework the character animations and it ought to be at least a decent next gen entry.  i just hope it still supports move cause i'd like a good move compatible game on ps4.  

Well it's already confiremd to come to PS4 since it will be playable on that platfrom at the show.

Honestly I don't think it'll still have much in common with what was shown 2 years ago, that's probably why Sony feels like they should reintroduce this. I also doubt it still supports Move, I think Sony is done with that thing, unless it's with Morpheus (thought Until Dawn could have possibly become a Morpheus game by now)

i don't see why they'd have to drop move support unless they drastically changed the gameplay.  ps4 is move compatible.   i don't think they should focus on move as far as the marketing goes but it would be nice if there was a "oh, and it is move compatible" tid bit.

Around the Network

PlayStation Germany just confirmed that these games will be playable at Gamescom:

- Driveclub
- The Order 1886
- Bloodborne
- Dead Island 2
- Dying Light
- The Crew
- Far Cry 4
- Project Cars

Source: https://twitter.com/PS4Germany

bananaking21 said:
eFKac said:
Ok guys, after watching Guardians of the Galaxy tonight, I'm totally #TeamChrisPratt for Nathan Drake in the Uncharted movie. He may not totally look the part, and they need to work on his hair, but his voice, his personality/acting skills, it all could fit really well into movie Nate.

Great movie btw!

people are going crazy about this movie. after seeing the trailer i gave it a huge fat "meh". but now i really wanna watch it

It's the best Marvel movie yet.

kitler53 said:
DerNebel said:

Well it's already confirmed to come to PS4 since it will be playable on that platfrom at the show.

Honestly I don't think it'll still have much in common with what was shown 2 years ago, that's probably why Sony feels like they should reintroduce this. I also doubt it still supports Move, I think Sony is done with that thing, unless it's with Morpheus (thought Until Dawn could have possibly become a Morpheus game by now)

i don't see why they'd have to drop move support unless they drastically changed the gameplay.  ps4 is move compatible.   i don't think they should focus on move as far as the marketing goes but it would be nice if there was a "oh, and it is move compatible" tid bit.

I wouldn't be surprised if they drastically changed the gameplay, but who knows. 5 more days. :)

Naughty Dog is working on fixing The Last of Us Remastered's matchmaking times, they are even re-writing some complex code

The last of Us Remastered launched on PS4 and was met by cries of joy and almost universal praise, but the multiplayer experience has been a rather bumpy ride for many, affected by extremely long matchmaking times in multiplayer.

Today the game received another patch, numbered 1.01.012, as announced by Multiplayer Designer Quentin Cobb on the PlayStation forums, even if he stressed on the fact that it’s not yet a full fix:

''We’ve just pushed a live update that should improve matchmaking times. While this is a not a full fix, our update should hopefully reduce matchmaking times. We are still working on a patch which should dramatically improve matchmaking times and we’ll get into more detail about that a bit later. Also, in this live update is a fix to the Flamethrower damage. The PS4 Flamethrower should now output damage at the same speed as the PS3 Flamethrower.

Please back out of Factions and re-enter and you should be on version 1.01.012. Also, if you could describe your matchmaking times here it would greatly help us determine how our changes are doing. Thank you!''

Earlier today Cobb went into more detail on the future patch that should finally fix the issue for good, explaining that the solution isn’t simple and the good folks at Naughty Dog are rewriting some very complex code from scratch in order to finally squash the hated bug.

''Our programmers are working extremely hard on a patch that should help with matchmaking times significantly. This is not a simple fix or something that can be fixed through a live update. They are completely re-writing some very complex code that has to be implemented into a patch which takes time to test and go through submission. We are working as fast as possible to get this patch out to you guys so I want to thank you all ahead of time for being patient. I’ll update you guys as soon as I learn about a timeline for release. Thanks.''

Cobb finally mentioned that the fact that the flamethrower uses fuel during special executions is another bug, and is into the list of issues to be fixed in a future patch.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/08/07/the-last-of-us-ps4-patch-1-01-012-released-naughty-dog-completely-rewriting-code-to-fix-multiplayer/

Around the Network

I had expected TLOUR to sell 500k first week pushing PS4 to 200k and have LT of 2M... I think I'll spot on after normal adjustments.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DerNebel said:

Well it's already confiremd to come to PS4 since it will be playable on that platfrom at the show.

just so you know, super massive games (devs of until dawn) have made a PM demo. i am expecting this to be the "big tittle" for morphues on the show. 

also, if Gamescom is a "Morphues" show like last year was an "indie show" and the year before it it was more of a "vita" show, i wouldnt mind that at all. infact i would be pretty darn happy!

bananaking21 said:
DerNebel said:

just so you know, super massive games (devs of until dawn) have made a PM demo. i am expecting this to be the "big tittle" for morphues on the show. 

also, if Gamescom is a "Morphues" show like last year was an "indie show" and the year before it it was more of a "vita" show, i wouldnt mind that at all. infact i would be pretty darn happy!

Hm, so they did, that's an interesting fact to know. Well, I'm not so sure if I like the idea of a show focused on Morpheus, I don't that's a peripheral I'll purchase anytime soon. Anyway there'll be Bloodborne gameplay so the show will be good anyway.

DerNebel said:

Hm, so they did, that's an interesting fact to know. Well, I'm not so sure if I like the idea of a show focused on Morpheus, I don't that's a peripheral I'll purchase anytime soon. Anyway there'll be Bloodborne gameplay so the show will be good anyway.

yeah im really interested in seeing bloodborne gameplay. i am not a souls fan, but what i heard of bloodborne has pulled my intention so far, i hope the gameplay  makes me say " you had my curiosity but now you have my attention"

i am SO interested in PM but i have to try it out first and wanna know more about it before deciding. 

also, i am very interested in knowing more about The Order 1886 and seeing more gameplay. 

Welcome back Abigail...

Take control of neon powerhouse Abigail "Fetch" Walker and play through the origin story of one of the most powerful conduits the world has ever seen. Strengthen her abilities to exact revenge and become a super powered killer.

Take your abilities to the Conduit Training Room and tackle challenges - compete online to beat your fellow superhumans around the world.